Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Simulation with NX Open

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi All,

I'm trying to do a machine simulation with NX open.

Currently I'm able to set the desired settings and do the simulation.

But how do I check if there were any collisions, gauges or limit violations in my NC program?

Does anyone has experience to automate this process?

Sven Voeten
Pre-sales NX CAM / Manufacturing Consultant
cards PLM Solutions
3 REPLIES

Re: Machine Simulation with NX Open

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Sven,

there is a method in the isvControlPanelBuilder named GetDetailCount and you can search for detailstypes like collisions, limits, gouges. You can call it at the end of your simulation run e.g. for collisions and do something with the data, in my case i put the results into a Arraylist named Collisions

ArrayList Collisions = new ArrayList();

int mycollision = isvControlPanelBuilder1.GetDetailCount(NXOpen.SIM.IsvControlPanelBuilder.DetailType.Collision);
if (mycollision != 0)
{
for (int i = 0; i <= mycollision; i++)
{
isvControlPanelBuilder1.GetDetail(NXOpen.SIM.IsvControlPanelBuilder.DetailType.Collision, i, out time, out description, out NcLine, out programname, out channelname);
Collisions.Add("Type: Collision;" + time + ";" + description + ";" + NcLine + ";" + programname + ";" + channelname);
}
}

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Thomas

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello!

This topic interesting for me too. Can I call my UFUNC application from mcf or ccf or python files?

where I can find any manuals about ISV-sim & NXOPEN?

Thanks!

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

so far as i know it's not possible to call dll's directly from the mcf or ccf file. With Python it should be possible to load dll's during execution but i am unsure how this dll can interact with the NX interface because it's not activated thru the entrypoint and access to the session is maybe not possible. Buf if anyone have some experience with this it would be great to share this Smiley Happy.

For loading dll's from Python it seems the way should be ctypes.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/252417/how-can-i-use-a-dll-file-from-python

For help about ISV-Sim/ NXOpen you should use the .NET/ C++ Reference in the web based documentation.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/nx/12/nx_api/custom/en_US/nxopen_net...

Best regards

Thomas

Learn online

Solution Information