Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Machining Data Library ERROR

Hi all,

I am having problem with specific tool feed&speed setup. I have created database for approx. 40 tools and for 2 tools feed&speed cannot be read. I get notice that machinig data were not set. It doesnt work only for 2 tools. All has been done in the same way at the same time. As an example I have marked 6.8 drill.

Please see images in attachment

You help would be very appriciated.

10 REPLIES

Re: Machining Data Library ERROR

Did you use the system UI to add the entries to tool_machining_data.dat?

And the 6.8 tool gives the message with "Set Machining Data"?

Can you attach the tool_machining_data.dat file?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

I have added all the tools thru NX with export to library function. Then I have created databe with Edit machinig library. The message is as shown in previous pictures. 

I cannot attache this file in the message as it doesn't accept DAT format. Could I send it by email?

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author hohi88
‎07-04-2017 05:18 PM

[ Edited ]

Attachments are best added as compressed archive files, like .7z or .zip, this also makes sure to avoid corruption of the file.

I think that the problem is with the machining data entry, since all feeds are set to 0% of the cut feed rate.

Make sure to set the ones for any kind of cutting to 100% of the cut feed rate, like in the image below.Edit Machining Data RecordEdit Machining Data RecordAny cutting feed set to 0% will raise the error of your image 11.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

files in attachment

That was the thing

Thank you!

I am still having the same problem. Last time I checked with random operation (floor_wall) and parameters has been updated according to machining library.

Once I want to create drilling operation problem still occurs (not reading F&S with message that cut feedrate cannot be 0). 

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? I was trying to create completly new tools, removing old ones, etc. and nothing seems to work. Other drills are working perfectly well. Maybe it is something connected with the size?

It should be simple task to set f&s for a specific tool and I have already spend few hours looking for what could be wrong...

When changing any of the CAM libraries, make sure that no other NX session has done any changes to them, since the last NX session closed will overwrite any changes of any other NX session.

Have you checked the settings as shown in my image from my previous post.

Remember this is no database per se, just dump text files, so bulk editing is best done when no NX session is running through a text editor.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

In your tool_machining_data.dat file, the last 7 fields are 0. Depending on the operation, this may not be valid for enage, stepover, and retract. 

If you want help here, we need to know the operation type/subtype, the tool name, how you are setting the machining data, and the row from the library for that tool. Otherwise, please contact GTAC.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Answering questions:

- operation type is Drilling with drilling method

- tool is 6.8_m8_drill_fanar

- machining data are set within NX by Edit machining data libraries

- I have attached part of log file. Maybe will be helpfull

thanks in advance

Learn online

Solution Information