cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing Prefs changeing

Phenom
Phenom

NX 9 with TC 10

CAM guys have noticed that sometimes the Manufacturing Preferences, Configuration setting for Template Set changes.  They will be doing something, and not have the correct options, so they have to go reset back to the default.  Any thoughts on where I would look, to see what is triggering this?

This is what the default is, and what they want.This is what the default is, and what they want.This is what it changes to sometimes.This is what it changes to sometimes.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
9 REPLIES

Re: Manufacturing Prefs changeing

Is this when they create a new setup, or open an old one?

If it is an old one, what does Information > Manufacturing setup say about the config and setup? 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Dialog memory and/or user.mtx?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius
May be need to check your *env*.dat file and start_nxmanager.dat file to see where these are pointing. On server as well as local installation directory.
BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Phenom
Phenom

Per the machine shop:

"We have reset in both old setup and new setup ….. it is not consistent"

For testing, I set UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_SET_DIR= in the env file, so see if that helps.  I don't have much faith in it, since that only sets the directory, and not the file within.

Experimenting on my own, if I hit the reset to default, it goes to what we expect.  If I hit the reset at the top of the window, it goes back to what they do not want.  So I guess my question now is, where is this setting that is over riding our default?

-Dave

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The reset at the top of the dialog might be triggered by the customer defaults, usually it is reset to what the dialog is set to by default in respect to dialog memory.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Phenom
Phenom

I used the document "XYZ CO TC&CAM INTEGRATION - HOW TO SETUP A MIXED-MANAGED MODE V3.pdf" to initially set up out NX to TC integration, and with some help from GTAC, we discovered one of the files did not like, or at least we were suggested to not add the "mixed" in the file name.  So this left us one remaining file with "mixed" in the name, and I have now taken that out, since it was the one that kept going away in the preferences dialog.  Machine shop is testing this today, so fingers are crossed.

-Dave

If they still see the problem, please have the users check Information > Manufacturing setup.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Phenom
Phenom

Will do.

I just talked to them this morning, and he told me he started a CAM file yesterday, and the manufacturing preferences were correct.  This morning when he opened the file, the manufacturing prefs "template set file" had changed back to cam_general.opt, instead of cam_teamcenter_general.opt.

He had changed, reposted the code, and saved, before I could get him to check Info, Manuf Setup.  I left him instructions to do that, next time it occurs.

-Dave

Phenom
Phenom

@MarkRief  First thing this morning they opened up this file, which they were working on yesterday and the template set defaults were using cam_teamcenter_general.opt

Preferences.jpgInfoManufSetup.jpg

-Dave

Learn online

Solution Information