Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Manufacturing details showing in drawing

I've been using NX for about 6 months after 15 years of Pro/Engineering and having some growing pains.  We are a small shop and I have been asked to start using the manufacturing module to post process for CNC milling.

So now that I opened manufacturing and created a program for a part, the drawing now has the manufacturing details imbedded into it and the details of the actual part are hidden. 

How do I turn off or hide the manufacturing details in the drawing?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Re: Manufacturing details showing in drawing

Do not create a CAM setup inside of a design part.

NX does not force the part file separation like Pro/E does, but you are encouraged to do so anyways.

Make sure that your design part is a component of a separate drawing part and that it is also a component of a separate CAM setup part.

Enforce the master-model concept and build assemblies wherever possible, which makes reusing parts much easier.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

Like @Stefan_Pendl says, use master model. Looking at your CAD part, did you go to File New, Manufacturing, Reference Existing Part, and choose a setup?

What do you mean by "manufacturing details"? Generally, nothing should be visible unless you are in the editing something in the Manufacturing application. 

Also, as a general tip for new users, go to Menu, Help, Manufacturing Tutorials, and at least go through the first 2-3 tutorials.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thank you, I changed my approach to start using the master model theory.

I appreciate the help.

ERN

Learn online

Solution Information