Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Manufacturing ipw defaults ignored.

That's good to know; thank you for the input.

Registry...*gasp*  Sorry but I have no love for the registry.  When it works properly it's great.  When it doesn't work it has a unique ability to effectively and completely bugger things up.  I cannot recollect having any sort of registry issues on any NIX OS I have used over the years, lol.  Windows is much better than it used to be but some core concepts still elude ol' micro$oft corp.

Well, at this point perhaps gtac can offer a solution.  I am no stranger to starting from scratch with registry entries, having had to delete drafting keys at least two or three times in recent years.

NX 12.0.2

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Unix doesn't have anything as complicated as the registry, so there is nothing similar available Smiley Wink

On Unix systems everything is handled through readable plain text files.

I also had situations where I had the clear the entire registry of the user to resolve issues, not only the parts used by NX Smiley Sad

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Note I have also had some VERY strange behavior caused by dialog memory as well

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

@Stefan_Pendl wrote:

Unix doesn't have anything as complicated as the registry, so there is nothing similar available Smiley Wink

On Unix systems everything is handled through readable plain text files.

I also had situations where I had the clear the entire registry of the user to resolve issues, not only the parts used by NX Smiley Sad

Perhaps we can wish microsoft will end the registry someday!  I recall when when UG was first ported to the windows platform and it was at least a few years before it was as stable as UG on HP-UX.  The only nix I use now is OS-X at home but I have fond memories of top notch hardware and software support from HP.  It was expensive but we had garantees on the computing end.

NX 12.0.2

@Ken_A wrote:

Note I have also had some VERY strange behavior caused by dialog memory as well

Noted.  I like to clear mine out at least once a week, usually at the end of my work week so I have a fresh start on monday morning.  We should evangelize clearing it out once in a while.  I have seen many workstations with dialog files over 30MB and users can't believe how much faster starting and shutting down NX is.

NX 12.0.2

@Mould_United wrote:

Perhaps we can wish microsoft will end the registry someday!

I really doubt that this will happen, since M$ has deprecated the Windows API functions for INI-files and forces developers to utilize the registry Smiley Tongue

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4

@Mould_United wrote:

I have seen many workstations with dialog files over 30MB and users can't believe how much faster starting and shutting down NX is.

Some users of mine experianced sizes of 100MB and more due to working with pre NX 7.5 parts.

For CAM it seems that dialog memory should be disabled for operation dialogs, which doesn't make sense at all.

I will file an ER at GTAC and post the number for you to be able to get attached to it Smiley Happy

@Stefan_Pendl wrote:
Some users of mine experianced sizes of 100MB and more due to working with pre NX 7.5 parts.

For CAM it seems that dialog memory should be disabled for operation dialogs, which doesn't make sense at all.

I will file an ER at GTAC and post the number for you to be able to get attached to it Smiley Happy

The ER would be nice, thank you!

I agree about the operation dialogs.  It is almost as if the dialog memory is recording too many changes in every operation dialog, even if the dialog is the same type of operation.   

NX 12.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information