Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mark Rief Retirement

Friends and colleagues,

As you may have heard, this is  my last week with Siemens, as I retire on July 21. This was announced at PLMConx, but now the day is here. We don't usually post personnel announcements, but I have been here since we invented this forum in the 1980's, I'll make an exception.

I can still remember the original BBS. With text CRTs and dial-up modems, many of us got our first email addresses, connected with other users, and looked forward to the annual bbs breakfast, where we could finally meet each other face to face. Some of those users are still here! We have come far, and it has been a great ride.

After 19 years as a customer, and 20 years with EDS/UGS/Siemens, I am proud of the progress I have seen in our CAM products, and am thankful for the opportunity to have worked with so many really smart and enjoyable people.

I want to thank all you who contribute here - whether asking, answering, complianing, praising, or lurking; your presence is what makes this community work. I consider many of you friends outside of this forum, and I have always enjoyed our online interractions.I encourage all of you to remain active, persistent, and constructive in this online community. 

Others from the Siemens CAM organization will be stepping in to respond to your questions, so be patient with them as they learn the ropes. And I have warned them about some of you ;*)

Although I may hang around here occasionally, I plan to spend my time on golf, cars, home projects, family, and anything else that looks like fun! Look for me at your local golf course, baseball stadium, or NASCAR race!

If you want to reach me, IM me here, or find me in other places:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-rief-6ba15286/

https://twitter.com/markrief  @MarkRief

Mark Rief, RetiredMark Rief, Retired

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens
21 REPLIES

Re: Mark Rief Retirement

May you have a long & happy retirement!

And thanks for all your posts over the years, both as a customer & from "the dark side" :-)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

[ Edited ]

Mark, It has been a pleasure my friend!!

You have worked hard to meet the needs of some very demanding customers.

I am happy that I got to know you.

Enjoy

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1

All the best Mark

It won't be the same without you.

Paul

A lot of thanks, @MarkRief!

Happy retirement and fun with your upcoming private projects.

Sad that I haven't managed to meet you again in person Smiley Frustrated

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

Mark have a nice retire!

Happy retirement and good golf courses Smiley Very Happy

thanks for all @MarkRief

@mkn

Mark, I wish you all the best.

I will miss your posts very much.

Heinrich

I have had the pleasure of knowing Mark Rief for over 20 years. From his days at Caco Pacific to Working at (UG) Siemens PLM.  Mark has always been a “stand up guy”  he is a fierce advocate for the customer and one of the few people I trust in this business.  I hope that Siemens realizes the depth of Mark’s respect throughout this industry.  Hopefully he has been an inspiration to future CAD/CAM developers and customer support personnel. 

Mark you will be missed!

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information