Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Parametric Features

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everybody,

Sorry to language.

Our machining model own lots of holes.I used find feature and grouped feature command.While I was machining my model, I realized there was not added features. For instance chamfer,rounds,threads etc.  I added to features on machining model.

After this process some problems occured.

1-Parametric Features updated. But not only added features.Whole features on the model. It took ten minutes.We had not lots of time.

2-After updated whole features, only added features missing.X sign seen and my operations got messages missing features.

I could not fix it.

Help please.Thank you.

6 REPLIES

Re: Missing Parametric Features

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

You didn't mention which NX version you are using...

We have recently made significant performance improvements to the update features workflow by avoiding unnecessary updates:

• NX CAM now automatically delays the updates if you are not in CAM (e.g. when you switch to CAD to add multiple chamfers; we will only do the update recognition once when you switch back to CAM)
  • NX CAM now offers a new Delay Updates command in Feature Navigator (e.g. if you reposition your component on your machine and you only want update your features after you are done repositioning)

In addition, we have also made further improvements to the performance of the core feature recognition update process.

I would recommend that you update to the latest NX11.0.2 MP if possible.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Pioneer
Pioneer
We use NX 11.0.2 version.

This update occurs CAD enviroment. Before getting to CAM enviroment. I guess this update over extracted parametric features in machining navigator enviroment.But this machining model lots of holes. Update time much than we expected.

I don't know delay updates command but I will try it.

The other question is missing parametric features in machine navigator section.We are getting operations over these features. Missing feature affected our operations. Operations is falling down.I could not fix.

Thanks to reply.

Siemens Phenom

Please file an IR with a sample part and detailed workflow description with GTAC if you continue to experience performance problems. That will allows us to investigate this in more detail.

I am sorry, but we'll need part files and more details before we can try to help you further.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sorry to wait,

I can't send master model.this is our company's model. But I modelled a simple model for demonstration. As you can see first image I made a simple operation on model with resize chamfer. And update starting and streaming to whole body features. Ok this is taken only 4 second. But for 150 holes It is taken 10 minutes. We interrupted to machining. 

And then as you see second picture features got lost.

question2.JPGquestion1.JPG

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

A couple of comments after looking at your sample part:

• Your STEP3POCKET feature is marked as DELETED (the black cross) because you added a symbolic thread. This causes the machining feature to change type (from STEP3POCKET to STEP3POCKET_THREAD). This is a rather different feature, requiring different operations and tools
  • If your company models require a lot of changes (such as adding threads, adding/changing chamfers, etc.) then it is highly recommended to make these design changes FIRST before you start manufacturing; preferrably using the master model approach so that you don't have to change the design part itself. We have signifcantly improved the performance of the update feature recognition workflow but doing many design changes after you have already programmed the part will always result in additional work (changing tools, adding operations,etc.).

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you reply.

You are absolutely right. I agree. My job is modelling and manufacturing the part. My boss give me a little time complete to project. I do not have time to control model again and again. We are racing the time.

I try to cut preparing manufacturing operation time. Feature Recognition in NX gave chance to us.

Thank you Tom Vant Erve.

Learn online

Solution Information