Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing manufacturing options

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

There are only 3 setups in my manufacturing options. I'm using NX 9. How can I complete the list?

Cam.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Missing manufacturing options

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Are you using a license for CAM Express? If so this would limit your options for the Manufacturing application.

Other CAM licenses will give you the other template options. These will have more operation types for you to choose from.

If all else fails, check your .pax files to make sue the proper templates are listed. If yours is a customized .pax file, you may be missing some templates.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi ReyL,

I can see that you tried some customization to your NX install. I hope you used a share environment for that, so that this didn't affect you main installation. But your screenshot showed, that you didn't use one. I guess you will have to reinstall your NX, because it seems like you deleted something in your PAX File.

Go to your NX installation to the following path:
...\Siemens\NX9\MACH\templates

There must be a file:

ugs_manufacturing_templates.pax

This file contains all the setups, if you didn't delete some of them (see example picture below):

2018-01-25 16_37_00-Conversation (11 Participants).png

Cheers,

Alexander

Lead Product Manager - Mold & Die

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Thank you for your input. I have reintalled NX Cam 11 this time. Still the same options in manufacturing. Only die mold and machinery.

I checked the folder in program files, it doeas have the ugs_manufacturing_templates.pax

x.PNGHow can I load this one to my program?

Thank you,

Legend
Legend
Hi,

please tell me if you really want to do this just locally on your machine or for several machines.
Not everyone is allowed / has the rights to change files in the NX installation.

Also, as Alexander pointed out what license are you using?

Based on your reply there are different options.
Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 12.0.1.7 MP4
In testing NX 12.0.2.9 MP5

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

What does the NX syslog tell you about the issues found while loading the template PAX files?

In addition not all templates are set up to reference an open part, which is what I see from your screen shot.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information