Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Modifing the CLS output for angle heads

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Wonder why you don't need to use "expr" for calculation as
set mom_mcs_goto(0) [expr $mom_mcs_goto(0)+ $mom_tool_axis(0)*$mom_tool_z_offset]

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GLin,

As far as not needing the expr for the calculation I am at a loss why this worked. I probably just entered it that way without thinking and it worked.

I chose to use the 10 inch distance because it seemed to give me a path that followed the surface well. In some cases using the flute length would have given me a lot fewer points which would cause a part discrepancy. The longer the length the better the quality of the output. Ideal would be gauge length plus pivot length but that would require additional input by the programmer so I ended up using 10 inches.

And, with Post Builder, you also have the choice of linearizing moves by interpolating (distributing) angles or tool-axis vectors

I have never seen any information on this feature. That might be just the ticket.

Thanks

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just so you all know, just about everything I tried made everything worse than what I had. When I got the system to offset the values by turning off mom_kin_clsf_generation then it messed up circles, helix and cycle output. It was just not worth the trade off.

So we just found a way to do it in ICAM instead.

Thanks for the ideas and help!

Siemens Legend
I would think, without "expr", it may just have worked by accident. You will also need proper declaration of all the globals for mom_mcs_goto, mom_tool_axis and mom_tool_z_offset in your code, if it's not yet the case. You may want to fix up the code first to see what happens. Linearization by angles (default) vs. tool axis is comparable to ORIAXIS vs. ORIVECT on 840D.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GLin,

I had all the globals defined in the code but I omitted them from this post to shorten it.

Thanks

Phenom
Phenom

Hi GLin,

With vars:

set mom_kin_linearization_flag "1"
set mom_kin_linearization_tol "0.001"

Does this mean NX will break up rotary moves at angle 0.001 increments (and split the XYZ change to that increment?) I will have to try that. The best algorithm (I would think) is to look at the end of the tool and head pivot lengths to evaluate (when deciding to break up moves) - but this would probably be ok.

Good to know.

Thanks, Dan

NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Phenom
Phenom

I still think the turbo mode is a problem - too many GOTO points bypassing normal routines.

NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That is the same conclusion I came to. It seems to be one of those hidden routines that sometimes sneek in and make life difficult.

Thanks

Siemens Legend

"mom_kin_linearization_tol" is the chordal tolerance (acts like intol/outol for path generation) for breaking up the moves, not the length or delta angle of the segments. If the gauge-pivot distance is specified in the post, it will be used for linearization; otherwise the "flute length" will be phished out of the tool (as the minimum height) for interpolation.

Turbo mode must be turned off, if you ought to manipulate anything in the event handlers (Tcl). This is how turbo is achieved by bypassing most of the handlers.

Siemens Legend
The theory of using the tool's flute length to linearize moves is because that's the maximum depth of material you can cut. By keeping the top of the flute cutting "smooth"ly, the bottom (tool tip) should be smooth too, unless there's some kind of reversal or sigularity situation. This is strickly for dual-head case.

Learn online

Solution Information