Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to NX12

Creator
Creator

Good morning all, 

We are going to begin testing of NX12 soon (when 12.0.2 is released) with the aim to roll it out company wide at the end of this year - this will be my first upgrade since starting my new role 6 months ago. 

I am just wondering what experiences people have had with transitioning to NX12 so far, particularly from NX10 and when linking with Teamcenter. 

I know a lot of the bugs that some people may have found will be fixed with NX12.0.2 or previous releases but just wanted to get a feel from those who have already done it or are in the process of doing it. 

Any comments / help / advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Adam 

3 REPLIES

Re: Moving to NX12

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Depending on your customizations the transition should be less trouble, when going from NX 10 to NX 12.

There are currently only two major changes that need to be taken care of:

1. replace the signing resource of your custom DLLs and re-compile them for NX 12
  2. remove the axis definition from your MCF files and correct the one in the machine kinematic part

The rest is usually outlined in the NX documentation in the release notes and what's new guide.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Creator
Creator

Thanks for your reply Stefan. 

Its comforting to know that nobody seems to have had any big issues when upgrading from NX10 to 12. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Don't forget to convert your tool existing library to NX12 using Menu>Tools>Convert Tool Library in the manufacturing application.

In case you haven't as of yet, I recommend looking at the What's New docs for each release.   Also, Siemens has been adding most of the new cam functionality in the maintenance releases so be sure to look at the What's New docs for those as well. 

NX 12.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information