Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Datums in Turning

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have a part which i need to use Multiple datums in Turning to finish the part. Untill now i have followed to save IPW and Create a new model for the second turning MCS or I will craete 2 MCS for the same part and blank and I will ignore the Stock which will show on the side where i machined already. This has started giving me problem on complicated parts.

My question now is, is there any way in NX 11, I can change the setup structure, where I can use the Datums with updated IPW ?  

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple Datums in Turning

Legend
Legend

Its not clear about your need to have 2 MCS for same part.

Is it 2 setups on same machine or 2 setups on 2 different machines?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi,

I am sorry, I will try to make it but clear, I have a part and in one setup on one machine I have 15 features which needs to finish. In those 15 Turning Features the drawing has dimensioned from two different faces, 7 features derived from one face and another 8 has derived from another face as a datum.
Now, I want to Crete a 2 turning MCs, G54 and G55, while I am creating 2 Datums, I am facing a problem as described on the top.

I think this is little bit clear

Legend
Legend

Even though the drawing uses two different faces for dimensioning, I do not think you need to use 2 MCS for machining. Once you create a turnign profile in Modeling application using 2 diffrents WCSs/datums, use this profile and one MCS to generate operation in NX CAM.

Did I misunderstand your requirement?

Learn online

Solution Information