Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple entry in threading with 120degree hole diameter

PLM World Member Creator PLM World Member Creator
PLM World Member Creator

Hi ,

I just want to ask how to make a multiple entry threading with taper hole?

I already did the documentation but still I cannot make the angle.

Hope someone will help me, already apply for an IR and still waiting.

Thank you.

regards,

Joy

5 REPLIES

Re: Multiple entry in threading with 120degree hole diameter

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Joy,

You seem to have disabled recognition of STEP!HOLE_THREAD (and recognized STEP!HOLE upfront).

You can easily workaround this by deletion of the STEP1HOLE_13 (Type == STEP1HOLE) within the Machining Feature Navigator  and reselect the geometry again from within the thread milling operation (select arc of thread or -in case feature recognition is executed from within feature navigator- the STEP1HOLE_THREAD).

I have executed these steps and attached the modified part (modified part file only).

Thanks,

Toon van der Kooi

NXCAM Development

PLM World Member Creator

Hi, 

There's an error in the file.

Can you send me a video on how you change the geometry? I cannot see the stephole13 in machine feauture navigator.

Thank you for the reply.

regards,

Joy

Siemens Genius

Hi Joy,

Next image will show all features (machining features as well as inprocess features) including the STEP!HOLE_13 of type STEP!HOLE. Delete this one and recognize again (upfront or on select within thread milling operation as described previously)

CaptureSTEP1HOLE_13.JPG

MB3 -> Delete will do.

Regards,

Toon van der Kooi

NX CAM Development

PLM World Member Creator

the problem is the thred mill is not following the taper value that we input. The triple entry is ok but the taper is not good.

Siemens Genius

Hi Joy,

You've selected a NPT thread for which the taper angle  between the taper and the center axis of the pipe is specified as tan−1(132) = 1.7899° = 1° 47′ 24″.

This will be the taper angle you see within your example. NX (symbolic) thread definition currently does not contain standards for other type of tapered threads and/or does not support definition of custom taper angles. Without the ability to define custom tapers, thread milling will not be able to produce any other taper angle than the one you see in your example. I assume this is your problem, not being able to machine a custom taper angle. If yes, you could consider to link to the following ER's 7907432 / 7905866 : thread milling does not support custom thread tapers.

Regards,

Toon van der Kooi

NX CAM Development

Learn online

Solution Information