Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

N 10.0 - CAM - Machining Simulation Problem (tool crazy position)

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone,

A strange issue has appeared since the release of NX9.0 - short description:

Machine tool view > adding machine (3 axis for example) > mounting PART on machine table. So, after positioning PART (by constarains etc) and setting up Machine Tool Navigator (blank, part, fixture) I'am running NX simulation (Simulate Machine):

a) when i type visualization as : Tool Path Simulate >> the machine is working properly

* the tool moves along a path built
b) when i type visualization as : Machine Code Simulate >> BOOM!! Smiley Happy

* the tool moves beyond the constructed path, or even going through the detail

Point (b) is my biggest problem - I was trying many methods by changing coordinate system in machine tool navigator (MACHINE BASE / SETUP: part;blank;fixture) according to my MCS. But still no positive effect...

Strange because in my Company we have oldest version of NX 8.5 and here mounting Part and Machine Code Simulation works fine on same virtual 3 axis machine. Should I try to look customers deafults?  Problem occurs only in version 9.0 and 10.0 of NX (my friend has the same issue).

For better understanding I attach a picture for comparison.

Best regards, Jacob

========================================
Engineering >> NX10.0 Performance in the making
6 REPLIES

Re: N 10.0 - CAM - Machining Simulation Problem (tool crazy position)

Hi Jacob,

at first it looks like a offset problem.

I see 2 coordinate systems on two different places. 

What did you entered in "Purpose" and the "Fixture Offset" in the details dialog in both coordinate systems? I assume there are two Main "Purposes"with the same Fixture Offset Nr. So the postprocessor getting wrong offset information and send out wrong offset values into the to_ini.ini file

The next thing what I assume is, that you did not alligned the origin of the coordinate system with the origin of the Machine Moordinate System. 

Please check Chapter 9 of the cse documentation how you have to handle coordinate systems in conjunction with the sample machines "Working_with_OOTB_MACH_Simulation_Examples.pdf" which you can find under ...\mach\samples\nc_simulation_samples\

Please let me know if it helps or if you need further information

Thanks and greets

Thomas

[ Edited ]

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I know  this document Working_with_OOTB_MACH_Simulation_Examples.pdf , and I followed to this pdf many times.

Still with no positive result Smiley Sad

I tried to fix the coordinates but it does not change anything.

I make the new simple part on same method as in odlest NX 8.5, how it is possible that in NX 8.5 there is no coordinate and aligment problem? Machine Code simulation works there excellently .

Next I reopen this file in NX 10.0 and again, virtual machine tool is going by some offset from part and starts milling tangent to machine table, very strange Smiley Happy

I attach the .prt file from NX 10.0.

Maybe I missed something in the settings ?

[ Edited ]

Ok, problem solved - my big mistake !

In NX 10.0 when I have main Mcs (main = as 0) and MCS_G54 (fixture = as 1), just I shoud activate Link RCS to MCS. I read again this pdf file and I didn't see this before..

Thx for help. Now everything is fine - machine is working properly Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author CamExplorer
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hi Jacob,

thanks for the well prepared sample.

You forgot to define the local MCS as "FIXTURE OFFSET". In you sample "NONE" was selected.

[ Edited ]

Thanks Thomas,

Thats right I forgot about FIXTURE, already done Smiley Happy

Last question, when I move the part (ctrl+T) anywhere on machine table area, why my both MCS coordinates freeze in previous position? Watch my attachment.

In NX 8.5 I checked the MCS followed together with Part.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author CamExplorer
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hi Thomas

If you generate the MCS(Main or Local) assosiative then it follows the transformation of the part.

It is not nessesary that you work with assembly or linked bodys

Ex. use 3points ,X-Vector-Y-Vector.... when you generate MCS

Heinrich

Learn online

Solution Information