Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(NEED HELP) Developing a Post Processor IN NX Post builder on 4 Axis Heidenhain TNC 426 Machine

Experimenter
Experimenter
Have a project on Post processors and need help on where to start, I'm not sure if I have to create the milling machine myself or use defaulted ones given on NX 12 but can't seem to grasp how to use the software properly. Any help on step by steps to help me get started would very much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: (NEED HELP) Developing a Post Processor IN NX Post builder on 4 Axis Heidenhain TNC 426 Machine

Legend
Legend

That is a very broad question. It will be hard to get any answers.Your reseller should be able to help provide you with training resources to get you pointed in the right direction. 

You can use the default posts as a starting point, or you can make a new one. There is Post Configurator and Post Builder. They both make posts. Post Configurator is new, and Post Builder is the legacy post building tool that has been around, and (I hope) should be around for some time to come. 

If I were you I would find one in the samples that is close. Also ask your reseller if they have a post already made they could give you that is close.  It will probably require some tweaking though. 

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP7 Primarily CAM

Re: (NEED HELP) Developing a Post Processor IN NX Post builder on 4 Axis Heidenhain TNC 426 Machine

Genius
Genius

Check out the tech tips at the location below, that is where I started.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tech-Tips-Knowledge-Base-NX-Manufacturing/Create-a-5...

Mike Diamond, CNC Programmer, Orizon Aerostructures Inc.

Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.1.4, ICAM V21
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX12

Experimenter
Experimenter
Do you know how he incorporates the 5 axis machine to the part, he doesn't really explain it much.

Experimenter
Experimenter
This was given to me as a project for study, so I'm a true beginner.

Learn online

Solution Information