cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NURBS motion output

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I am trying to make a finishing operation using NURBS motion output type in a complex part and when I try to simulate the machine movements, the following message appears:

problem_nurbs.png

Does anyone know what this 'SD' variable is and how I can fix it?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES

Re: NURBS motion output

The motion output in the operation is set to Nurbs - correct? This is a Fanuc format.

What machine/control are you using for simulation? 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes, it is set to Nurbs, with Join Segments as well (Angle tolerance: 1.0; Fitting tolerance: 0.025).

The machine uses a Siemens control. Should I be using a different motion output type to run in this machine? My goal is to use a polynomial interpolation.

Change the motion output to Sinumerik Spline.

If you don't see the output you want, check the post. If it is Post Builder, you may need to edit PB_CMD_init_nurbs and set it to SIEMENS_POLY.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

Sinumerik Spline lead me to the same error message.

Apparently it was the Post Builder, since it was set to "BSPLINE". I changed PB_CMD_init_nurbs to "SIEMENS_POLY", as shown in the picture attached.

And also added the command PB_CMD_nurb_poly in the NURBS Move, which wasn't there (picture attached).

Then I tried to post process the trajectories with nurbs movement and I got this message:

Received an error 1770007

File name: o:ugnx110\ip33\camsmom\no\ind\mom_tcl_definitions.c, line number: 1255

Error message: Cannot open file

Should I change something else in the Post Builder?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just restarted the program and now it worked! Thank you very much!

Learn online

Solution Information