Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10 Lathe Machine Retrieval Tool Positioning Error

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,
      I have been attemping to use Lathe machine retrieval with Siemens NX 10 Manufacturing mode my verify works perfectly. The issue is when I load the Library's Lathe (sim11_turn_2ax_fanuc_mm) 2-Ax Turn Horizontal Mill (the 1st default lathe in the software) the tools in carriers and pockets replace and remount succesfully in the information dialouge box, but do not position correctly on the turret, delivering different ipw results between verify and simulate machine. (I have no problems with mill machine retriveal just lathe)

I have tried to edit the tool junction within Machine Tool Navigators - Setup Configurator, and also move the tools positions with assembly constraints and changing the tools holder angle, sizes, and dimensions but I am having alot of difficulty getting this to work properly. A picture is provided below my Turning_Workpiece is horizontal with the turret Please Help

How can I reposition the tools on my Lathe machine retrieval to fit correctly in the turret and simulate the machine delivering the same results as verifying tool path does?

3 REPLIES

Re: NX 10 Lathe Machine Retrieval Tool Positioning Error

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The simulation and work coordinate system blocks are responsible for the orientation of the turning tool during simulation.

TurningTool.PNG

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you VERY Much! I am now able to get to simulate machine to produce the same effects as the Verify Tool Path. I am however having issues with one factor thats making the simulate machine very incorrect which is the Z mounting of the tool. I am able to position the tool correct with the X and Y Mount but for some reason its automatically placed underneath the slot. I have tried augmenting the tools and holders parameters but no luck.

How do I make the tools Z Mount correctly positioned into the slot. A picture is provided below displaying the issue.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you VERY Much! I am now able to get to simulate machine to produce the same effects as the Verify Tool Path. I am however having issues with one factor thats making the simulate machine very incorrect which is the Z mounting of the tool. I am able to position the tool correct with the X and Y Mount but for some reason its automatically placed underneath the slot. I have tried augmenting the tools and holders parameters but no luck.

How do I make the tools Z Mount correctly positioned into the slot. A picture is provided below displaying the issue.
http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/siemensplm/attachments/siemensplm/open_forum/7875/1/Lath...

Learn online

Solution Information