Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX 11.0.0 and NX11.0.1

Good afternoon all,

Two very quick questions....

1) I have heard a rumor that the (2) versions are not compatible. (Ex. Open file in 11.0.1 and save, now 11.0.0 can't open and work on it). Any truth to this?

2) I know there is a log in the file of when it was saved, by whom and what version they were on... I've seen it.

Can't find it now. Does anyone know the location?

Thank you, Paul S.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Lane}

Production: {NX11.01, SP2}

2 REPLIES

Re: NX 11.0.0 and NX11.0.1

2:

Menu -> Information -> Part -> Part History...

1:

I'm not aware about this issue.
Even if there would be this kind of problem, it would be fixed quickly with another Maintenace Pack - but it is only my guess.

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.1
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author psch_wny
‎06-01-2017 02:56 PM

Re: NX 11.0.0 and NX11.0.1

psch_wny wrote:

1) I have heard a rumor that the (2) versions are not compatible. (Ex. Open file in 11.0.1 and save, now 11.0.0 can't open and work on it). Any truth to this?

You can open an NX 11.0.1 part and save in NX 11.0 with no loss of data. However, if you use functionality that was introduded in NX 11.0.1, and open that part in NX 11.0, you obviously will not have access to that functionality. In CAM, if you don't edit or save an operation like this, you are fine. But if you edit an operation, then the "future" functionality should be safely removed from the operation.

psch_wny wrote:

2) I know there is a log in the file of when it was saved, by whom and what version they were on... I've seen it.

Can't find it now. Does anyone know the location?

Aside from the part history mentioned above, there is also an attribute GENERATED_ON assigned to an operation when it is generated, so you can see in what release individual tool paths were generated.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information