Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NX 11.01.1.11 Planer Mill Functionality

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I will try a work around customer preference?

set UGII_ENABLE_PLANER MILL_LEGACY_OPTIONS=1

EDS UG V3 -UG V15 UNIX; UGS UG V6 -UG V19 - NX-NX5 UNIX/MS;
Siemens NX6-NX10; NX11; NX12; NX1847~Infinity MS

@psch_wny wrote:

- Can't pick to drive on an edge until all curves are picked and then go in and edit

This is known request - Also discussed here

The tool position is a property of each member, which is why it was moved, but the current interraction is more cumbersome then the old dialogs. I have requested the following as a reasonable workflow, but I don't know if it is planned:

1. Select first member (or members with selection intent)
  2. Change first member to ON
  3. Select remaining members (which would be set to ON)

Since this is always adding to the end of the member list, I think we should take the on/tanto from the last member on the list.

You are welcome to add an ER for this :*)

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens
Highlighted

@psch_wny wrote:

- When you used to extend a curve it it followed the curve, now you get a tangent line, not the same

There should be no change in functionality, so please contact GTAC and get a PR in the system so development can investigate.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

@psch_wny wrote:

- boundry plane has to be picked for each profile, used to be assumed for all that followed

I am not seeing this. After you select the first boundary and define the use defined plane, pick Add New Set and the plane definition should be retained for the next boundary. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Legend
Legend

Mark,

I believe as described by another user in this thread that it happens intermittently. I have not nailed it down, but seems to be tied to the selection option (like "tangent curves") causes goofy results. single curves seem OK.

Paul S.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.2, MP4}

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I will try a work around customer preference?

set UGII_ENABLE_PLANER MILL_LEGACY_OPTIONS=1

IR 8887867 (P3) IR has been created - problems with the new planer mill boundry selection/definition in NX11

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Mr. Reif.

Is Seimens planning on implementing this throughout the intire user interface?

I just checked Mill Fix Axis and the boundary selection has not been molested in NX11

What are the plans for Mill - Processes in regards to boundary selection as a whole?

@59holloman wrote:

Is Seimens planning on implementing this throughout the intire user interface?

I just checked Mill Fix Axis and the boundary selection has not been molested in NX11

What are the plans for Mill - Processes in regards to boundary selection as a whole?

This has been going on for the last 3 releases, and is almost complete. Please see the solution to this thread for the schedule. 

I think the only remaining items are Wire EDM, Surface Contouring Boundary Drive, and Surface Contouring Radial Cut Drive.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

I have seen that plane selection is retained when you create a new operation. But when you copy and paste an existing operation, you need to reselect plane for each new set

@nageshsk wrote:

I have seen that plane selection is retained when you create a new operation. But when you copy and paste an existing operation, you need to reselect plane for each new set

I just tried it, and it worked fine for me. Copy and Paste a planar milling operation, edited part boundaries, add new set, and the previous user defined plane is selected for the new boundary. If you don't see this, please log a call with GTAC or provide more details. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information