Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 11 robotic machine, external axis

Creator
Creator

Hello

Need help,

I wanna use two external axes in robotic machining but cannt add eighth axis.

The robot just work by POSITIONER axis but I wanna add other axis as eighth axis (POSITIONERT).

How do it???

7 REPLIES

Re: NX 11 robotic machine, external axis

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi,

Which version of NX are you running? if it is 11.0, I recommend to switch to 11.0.1. you will find the Robotic machining solution much improved.

Try to name the Rotary axes: POSITIONER and POSITIONER_H see the following picture.Dual axis positioner.jpg

on the left side you can see the 11.0.1 Robot control dialog and the interaction to set the positioner rules when a dual axis positioner is used.

if this does not work for you, contact me directly eddy.finaro@siemens.com and I'll try to help you setting it up correctly.

Good LuckSmiley Happy,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Creator
Creator

Hi

unfortunatly NX 11.0.1 doesnt work.

We need to work of two axes dynamicly (positionr_H and positioner) as a same time but right now according to attachment file it just work one axis (positioner). 

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi,

please check that you use the right mode in the Robot Controle Settings. Do you use Constant Tool Axis?

2017-04-10 09_46_06-NX 10.0.3.5 - Manufacturing - [150510_Rotor_DEMO_setup_REV12_NX103_robot.prt (Mo.png 2017-04-10 09_45_48-Robot Control [DEPOS_BLADE_129-149MM_1_R05].png

As next please check what is the name oft he positioner UDE in Robot Rules? Is it Positioner 2 Axis?

2017-04-10 09_45_09-NX 10.0.3.5 - Manufacturing - [150510_Rotor_DEMO_setup_REV12_NX103_robot.prt (Mo.png  2017-04-10 09_44_21-User Defined Events.png

If the positioner UDE have not the correct name, than you use a old version ot the positioner UDE.

Please contact me if you need this UDE Update (sebastian.schimanski@siemens.com). Eddy Finaro is for the next two weeks at vocation ;-)

Best regads,

Sebastian Schimanski 

Siemens Creator

Hi Meysam Kamalnia,

enclosed the RoboticRulesUserDefinitions.py and Robotics.cdl files adapted for the 2 axis positioner.

Please exchange these files for your robot in the robots folder.

HD:\...\ MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines\your robot\robots

For use:

In your kinematics, the positioner axes must be named as POSITIONER and POSITIONER_H.

If you want to use other settings then you have to change the names in the .py and .cdl file accordingly.

When programming the Robot Rules for the operations, the following must be observed:

1. Please use at Robot Control for the Positioner Mode “Undefined”
  2. Why? The old positioner UDE is still present and is used as default!
  3. Please use Edit Rules to implement manual the Positioner 2 Axis UDE!

After that you can adjust the UDE as usual under Robot Rules, if you have not already done this during the implementation with Edit Rules.

There will probably be an update in the next NX versions, then there should only be one UDE and the default recognition of the 2 axis positioners should then also work correctly.

2017-04-11 11_07_56-Robot Control [DEPOS_BLADE_129-149MM_1_R05].png 2017-04-11 11_14_39-User Defined Events.png 2017-04-11 11_16_33-Robot Control [DEPOS_BLADE_129-149MM_1_R05].png

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Meysam,

Wanted to follow up if the guidance Sebastian provided helped resolving your issues or more help is needed. feel free to adress questions to Sebastian or to me (eddy.finaro@siemens.com).

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Creator
Creator

Hello

unfortunately I couldnt run 8 axes of the robot at the same time. 8th axis(positionerH) fix at an exact angle and other axes run.

meanwhile "positioner 2 axis" in UDE window didnt appear.

Thanks

Siemens Creator

Hi Meysam,

this is now difficult to analyze from afar.

1. Have you copied the RoboticRulesUserDefinitions.py and the Robotics.cdl which I have provided you correctly into your HD: \ ... \ MACH \ resource \ library \ machine \ installed_machines \ yourrobot \ robots directory? These files must be exchanged!

2. In your kinematics of the robot, the positioner axes must be named as POSITIONER and POSITIONER_H !
Have you done this correctly?

3. What means "meanwhile "positioner 2 axis" in UDE window didnt appear"
If you apply Edit Rueles to an operation, then also in the drop down window the UDE "Positioner 2 Axis" should be displayed. Apparently the wrong cdl file is used.

It appears to me that you somewhere when copying the files or rename the kinematik have a mistake.

Do you have the possibility to send me your robots and program data?
Or is it possible for a Live Meeting via Appshare, Skype or TeamViewer?
Then I could take a closer look at the situation with you.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Learn online

Solution Information