Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX 9 cam library class problems

Hello,

I have a strange problem with our CAM library settings.

We have a central settings and I had to recreate a new environment.

Everything works out fine but there is a problem with the manufacturing application.

When I create a new file and switch to manufacturing the below shown empty library class selection pops up.

There is nothing to select and after I cancel NX switches back to the gateway app.

I think that NX is somehow trying to load the templates from our teamcenter.

But our CAM department does not use teamcenter and everything I explained here was done in a native session.

2016-11-09 13_52_17-AVL NX 9 - Manufacturing - [_Project_A_ASMNBR_0012.prt_ (Modified) ].jpg

I will also attach the support logs.

I would really appreciate if one of you could help me to find/solve this problem.

Thank you

Klaus

6 REPLIES

Re: NX 9 cam library class problems

why don't you set UGII_CAM_CONFIG to cam_general.dat?

UGII_CAM_CONFIG                  D:\UGS\NX9\mach\resource\configuration\cam_teamcenter_library.dat
Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.1
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

That’s the next strange thing.

I already tried to set UGII_CAM_CONFIG in ugii_env.dat file.

And I also know that this ugii_env.dat is the file used for my session but when I check the log file UGII_CAM_CONFIG always points to cam_teamcenter_library.dat

I use a combination of batch file site settings and the ugii_env.dat  file but I never had something this strange.

ugii_env.dat does never overwrite anything that is already defined, so check your batch files and the Windows environment variables.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I only have base dir and license variables set as system variables.

And the batch file does not contain CAM variables.

Are there any other way for NX variables to be changes during start?

The UGII_CAM_CONFIG is set before the ugii_env.dat file is processed, this can be verified by the following entries in the NX syslog.

**************        System Environment Variables          **************
    UGII_CAM_CONFIG                  D:\UGS\NX9\mach\resource\configuration\cam_teamcenter_library.dat

Using ugii_env file N:\cadenv\ugs\config_nx9\UGII\ugii_env.dat
 Using ugii_env_ug.dat file from D:\UGS\NX9\ugii\\ugii_env_ug.dat

The system environment variables are always set through any batch file or the Windows environment.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Klaus
‎11-10-2016 01:50 AM

The reason for the library class dislpay is the LIBRARY_SETUP_TEMPLATE entry in your cam configuration file. If you are using cam_teamcenter_library.dat or cam_library.dat, that explains it. If this is the case, you need to find out where the value is being set. When you look in preferences, what configuration file do you see?

It is also possible that this keyword is defined in other configuration files, so if you think you are using cam_general.dat, and you still see the library classes, check the file contents.

Another way the configuration can be changed is with a role. If somebody was using a teamcenter donfiguration and saved their role, that could be the issue. Try selecting a different role - like cam_advanced, and see what happens.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information