Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX CAM. CNC proramming-molds and dies. defaults??

I am curius how to change the defaults in the operations? example. when i create a planer mill. in cutting paramiters it defaults to level first in the cut order box. i would like it to default to depth first. is it possible to change this?

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author BB-123
‎07-15-2016 12:36 PM

Re: NX CAM. CNC proramming-molds and dies. defaults??

You can change the defaults of all created objects by modifying the template parts. 

Please take some time to read about customization in the help, and watch some of the customization videos in the tech tips area. 

For sure watch at least these two:

Getting-started-with-NX-CAM-customization

How-to-create-a-NX-CAM-custom-operation-template

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Great than you. Is there any way i can stop and rewind these videos? i fell behind and was unable to stop and rewind it. i had to start from the begining again... frustrating.

BB-123 wrote:

Great than you. Is there any way i can stop and rewind these videos? i fell behind and was unable to stop and rewind it. i had to start from the begining again... frustrating.

The video player should have controls in the browser. I can pause and play, or grab the progress bar on the bottom and slide it left or right.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author BB-123
‎07-15-2016 12:36 PM

I believe this is covered somewhere in the tech tips/etc. but just to make sure....

I would suggest you copy the Siemens supplied files to a different name (if not location) and edit them there.  That way if Siemens updates their files, your changes won't get lost (even though they are using the \updates\ folder)

To use the new name files, either "browse" to the file or copy/edit the MACH\resource\template_set\*.OPT file to point to your customized files

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information