Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX CAM - Operation Teaching

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Im new to feature teaching.

my problem: I have created a simple feature and an operation for the feature. Tryping to map the operation onto my feature I get the following error message: Type clash: CavityMilling.Wall_Cleanup_Flag: ...

Error: Unknown Tool: Milling Tool-5 Parameters

I selected a tool for my milling operation. Therefore I dont understand the error message. Can somebody help. Thanks. 

13 REPLIES

Re: NX CAM - Operation Teaching

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

When you teach an operation (set) for a feature, you typically want NX CAM to automatically suggest those operations and select the correct tools from the tool library for your machining feature.

The message means that you are using a non-library tool in your operation. 

My recommendation is to replace the tool with a tool from the (e.g. ASCII) tool library and try again.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Creator
Creator
S U has shared a OneDrive file with you. To view it, click the link below.

[https://r1.res.office365.com/owa/prem/images/dc-pdf_20.png]

toolselection.pdf

Ohh great. Thanks for quick reply. Much appreciated.

Im going through your web-tutorial and I am trying to create my own features and operations for these features. Could it be that the tool-library is empty? I tried to select a tool but there are no tool parameters.

I have attached some pics.

Thanks

Frank

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello Frank,

could you please reupp the pictures. Your link does not work ...

greetings 

Andre

Creator
Creator

Hello Andre

Thank you for letting me know. I attached 4 files.

The file Error Message.png outlines the error message that I have received. I used the tool shown in the file "Selected tool.png". I then treid to use a tool from the knowledge library but it seems that there are no tool data on the library. Please see pics Empty Knowledge Library 1 and Empty Knowledge Library 2.

FrankEmpty Knowledge Library 1.pngEmpty Knowledge Library 1Empty Knowledge Library2.pngEmpty Knowledge Library 2Error message.pngErrorMessageSelectedTool.pngSelectedTool

Creator
Creator

Hello

I solved the issue. Basically I didn't search for a tool. I have selected a tool from the library now. When trying to map my operations onto my newly created feature the information window still shows two error message that I cannot interpret. Please see the pic below.

Frank

ErrorMessage.png

Solution Partner Legend

Hello Frank,

As I can see you are using NX8, unfortunaltely I could not install this version (I'am on Win10). 

Out of the warning message, it has something to do with the wall-cleanup in CM.

Are the operation teached anyway though the warnings are existing?  If yes please take a look in the MKE-Rule and search for "oper.Wall_Cleanup_Flag". Does it appear? 

Can you disable Wall-Cleanup in the Operations (if set) to see if the warnings are still shown after this? 

In NX10 and NX11 i tried different settings to prompt this warning but i can't...

greetings,

Andre

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

The errors indicate that the software wasn't able to deal with the selected (probably "Automatic") wall cleanup settings. Changing the wall cleanup option in your operation to either None, "At Start" or "At End" will probably get rid of the warnings as Frank suggested. 

However, my suggestion would be to move to a supported NX version (NX8 has been out of maintenance for quite some time already). If you can, please upgrade to NX11.0.2.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Creator
Creator

Once again thank u both for coming back to me.

I couldn't find any wall cleanup option in the settings of my cavity mill operation. Could u  please indicate where I can

find them.

Please find below two pics of my current test-situation.

Thanks again

Frank

wallcleanup2.png.

wallcleanup.png

Solution Partner Legend

It appears if you use cutting pattern "Zig",-"zig-zag","Profile"...

CM_CP.JPG

Learn online

Solution Information