Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX - CAM Output Work Process Plan

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Is there a possibility to output a work process plan (work plan) that lists created CNC operations including parameters in a text document. This document is then passed to the manufacturing shop floor including the created NC programming code.

I have learned that the Siemens Part Planer can do something like that. Unfortunetely, we dont have this software.

Thanks

Frank

3 REPLIES

Re: NX - CAM Output Work Process Plan

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

Depending how complex it should be, you can simply print list of operations, together with parameters visible in ONT as described here:

https://ncmatic.com/technical-tuesday/simple-list-of-operations/

Or use a little more detailed operation list:

https://ncmatic.com/work-instruction-templates/

(look at operation list paragraph)

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 12.0.1
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

There are a bunch of technologies that could work:

- If you can edit your posts, the posts could create another file (besides the NC code) with the desired info
(I do this.  If you "source" in tcl files, you can have one set of TCL code shared by all the posts)  The nice thing about this is that the other files *exactly* parallel the NC code (no separate action is required)

- You could write a "Shop Docs" to do what you want

- You could use the new "Work Instructions" technology to generate the file

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator

Hi,

one more thing with respect to the process plan. What I can do so far is outputing an operation list that summarizes CNC milling subtasks with respect to a part that I want to manufature (shop docs). 

Is there a way to include operation times that are automatically calculated in NX based on technology data (feed, speed, stepover of the milling machine)?

Thanks

Frank

Learn online

Solution Information