cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX CAM Process Studio

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everyone, I have two questions at the moment regarding Process Studio Author.

The first question, when using the step "Create Object" and running this, the second [mid] line of the step requires user interaction, can this be skipped [when everything is predefined]?

The second question, is anyone using the geometry selection step, or knows the purpose and how to use it?

Thanks in advance , Bert Claessen

NX7.5 [switching to NX10 soon]

7 REPLIES

Re: NX CAM Process Studio

I'm not sure what you mean about the interaction in the Create Object step.

You can check Auto Execute and the step is done without interaction. 

For an individual item, like Tool, you can set the default and uncheck Sensitive, and the user can't change it.

The Geometry selection step selects by object name - for example all faces named "ABC".

I can get more information if you tell me what you are trying to do.

A good example is to look at mill_startup_1. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Mark, when creating a new object the user is promted first to define type/subtype/name and second the location. To reduce user-interaction is it possible to skip first or second [autoexecute skips both, but if I need one interaction of them]?

By the way, any information you have available for users would be very welcome, if possible send me a mail with the documents you have about this topic [Process Studio Author for Manufacturing].

Mailadress:       B.Claessen@weirminerals.com

Is it possible for geometry selection also to use color or any other?

Thanks for the help, Bert

bertclaessen wrote:

Hi Mark, when creating a new object the user is promted first to define type/subtype/name and second the location. To reduce user-interaction is it possible to skip first or second [autoexecute skips both, but if I need one interaction of them]?

Like I said, for an individual item, you can set the defaults and uncheck Sensitive, and the user can't change it. In the picture below, look at the check marks for Sensitive in Process Studio, and see that when the wizard is run, the user can only change some of the items:

pa_sensitive_steps.jpg

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

bertclaessen wrote:

Is it possible for geometry selection also to use color or any other?

Not with a wizard - you would need an API program for that. 

You can select by color interactively - On the selection bar select General Selection Filters > Color Filter, then Select All.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Mark, I understand the sensitivity possibility, but the user has to deal with 2 interactions where only one might be needed. A lot of created objects then need to manyh mouseclicks. Any other possibilities?

Bert

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Mark [or anyone else], I would like to know how the mechanism works for geometry selection in the wizard.

For example driling holes, naming the holes [by engineering department], re-use the naming for holes selection when running the wizard [by NC-programming department].

Any example would be nice, thanks in advance, Bert

I dug out this old sample from NX 4, and it still runs in NX 11 Smiley Happy

Drop the xml in your resource\wizard folder, open the part, and run the wizard. If you don't see it, refresh the wizard list in the resource bar.

I don't remember al lthe details from back then, but basically, there is a solid body named PART and one named BLANK which is hidden. The wizard will create mill_geom (WORKPIECE) groups and select the part and blank by name. I doubt this will select hole geometry, but you could give it a try.

I suggest you take a close look at feature based machining for dealing with holes.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information