Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX CAM Variable Contour

Creator
Creator

Hello Everyone,

I am working with NX CAD/CAM some years now, but now in my new work i have to deal with, multi axis operations and i am trying to find my way through work alone.

Does anyone knows any link for videos, or PDF examples, that are clear and show a way how to handle, "boundaries", "surface area", "streamline", "contour profile" which happen to be more complex.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES

Re: NX CAM Variable Contour

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

There are a lot of videos on You Tube

Some better than others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-e5XAr6FEU

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace
Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Try this link

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tech-Tips-Knowledge-Base-NX-Manufacturing/tkb-p/open...

Here you will find a list of videos that show many of the complex operation functions and use cases.

Creator
Creator

Thank you, for your reply.

What i am interested more specifically is how to finish a deep rectangle pocket, with a slope also, after roughing it out with 3 axis operation, and there are steps developed afterwards.

Creator
Creator

I am using Bull Mill cutters, or Ball Mill, to try to finish in a deep pocket angled faces.

With shrink fit tapered tool holders.

I am trying so far the Z Level Operation, with the Tilt Tool Axis addition, but the tool path has multiple lifts and i know that somehow a better tool path can be achieved, though dont know, exactly how to use the projection vector of the Tool Axis, and how to correctly put the Tool Axis accordingly, in Variable Contour.

Legend
Legend

Upload a file and I will create toolpath for you to see

Dennis Rathi
Creations Unlimited

Creator
Creator

Creator
Creator

I uploaded a part of the file as an example of the pockets that i have to manufacture.

I need to go multi axis, and in Variable contour, the options as "boundaries" or "surface area" or "contour profile", "streamline" and so on, make me very weird tool paths.

And i cannot find any clear source how to hndle the parameters of those operations.

Learn online

Solution Information