cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Learning Version?

Creator
Creator

NX have a learning version which can learn at home??????????????? Like "Autocad" can use 3 years free using!

4 REPLIES

Re: NX Learning Version?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think so, but there is a student edition, which you can request through your university.

BTW, this is not really a manufacturing question and should be moved to the appropriate forum, may be academic.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

There are two products available, which are somtimes confused:

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/academic/resources/nx/

I believe you are asking about the Learning Edition, formerly called student version, that is available for purchase by individual students at a small cost. This same version is also used for some trials.

CAM is available in the Learning Edition, but will not produce output for commercial work. It is great to learn and explore the system, and look at the cutter paths, but if you want to cut a real part, you need the real NX.

There is also the Academic Edition, which is fully functional, but only available to schools for use in their classes.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

I am one employee. I am not sure that I can buy Learning edition. Or only student and techer can buy?

LJL wrote:

I am one employee. I am not sure that I can buy Learning edition. Or only student and techer can buy?

Yes - please check out the link in the post above. Under "More Information" there is a link with all the details:

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/academic/resources/nx/#lightview%26uri=tcm:1023-206758%2...

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information