Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX Post Builder -Coordinate Repetition

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to get a Post for a Heidenhain TNC 426/430 3-Axis controler and I have managed to get everything working but two issues.

Main problem is simple. The output post is giving me coordinates for X Y Z, and if X or Y hasn't changed from the last line it just doesn't include it the new line. My controler needs the cordinates and I have tested this by manualy filling them in, but that is too time consuming! 

So for example:

0270   L X120. Y64. F500
0280   CC Y60.
0290   C X124. Y60. DR-

and I actualy need:

0270   L X120. Y64. F500
0280   CC X120. Y60.
0290   C X124. Y60. DR-

I am guessing I need to correct this with a custom command but what do I do for this change to be applicable in all cases, not just the CC (Circle Centre).

The second question is regarding feed, for some reason I just get my feed output as FMAX independednt of the value. I have found FMAX in word summary but not sure how to change it.

Thank you in advance!

Gui

7 REPLIES

Re: NX Post Builder -Coordinate Repetition

Generally coordinates are modal, so they don't get output when they don't change.

To change this add MOM_force once X Y before the CC block output.

Make sure to set the maximum feed rate of the F word to the one that your machine supports.

The default is usually far too low.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Ok cool that makes sense.
Tried putting it as a custom command before the cc output. Hasn't changed anything. Do I just add "MOM_force ONCE XY"

also tried "MOM_force always XY"

Do I need to add anything? That's all I have written.
Thanks
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guinius
‎04-04-2016 09:58 AM

You need a space between the "X" and the "Y", i.e.

MOM_force once X Y

not

MOM_force once XY

The X and Y refer to WORDS in the post.  For the MOM_force commands, each word must be separated by a space

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guinius
‎04-04-2016 09:59 AM

And I forgot to add...

If you want to see what words exist in your post, open it in post builder -> "NC Data definitions" tab -> "WORD" tab

For instance rotary axes are not named "A" / "B" / "C", but rather "fourth_axis" and "fifth_axis".

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

YES!!!! As soon as you said that I knew that was the problem! Instead of X and Y it had to be I and J!

Thank you! Now going to tackle the FMAX!

Thanks

As for FMAX, it is an actual word under word summary. I have disabled it under the word sequencing and it just doesn't appear on the post, but then neither does any feed rate. The max value is 99999.99 on the actual feed rate. Dont think its too low, when my feed is 500.

The variable is mom_kin_max_fpm and it should be defined via the rapid move tab in post builder, if I remember correctly.

Don't play with the FMAX word, it is just text.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information