Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX WIRE EDM Unable to create upper boundary

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello,
I have less problem with choosing Geometry for wire edm cutting. I have a wire model and I need a 4-axis cut to select the geometry from the edges, but unfortunately it reports the error that it is not possible to determine the upper boundary from the curve. Do not you know what I'm doing wrong?
I attach a video.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Re: NX WIRE EDM Unable to create upper boundary

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi,

Please try change curve rule to "Tangent Curves" as work around.

20180726172224.png

Thanks

Solution Partner Genius
Even after using the "Tangent curves" it is not possible to select it. Probably it's probably a problem in NX12.0.2 because it works in the NX11.

Solution Partner Genius

I still have one question. Is it possible to have one contour in the same plane and a second contour in the second plane at a distance of 25mm and I need to combine these two contours for the choice of wire cutting, must the vertices join the line by hand or is there a function what does it automatically or do it differently?

Thank you

KL + Držák SK KL + polotovary + pásek _58-19-3-4__dxf.png

Siemens Creator

Hi,

Alright, as you can see, a new boundary dialog box has been used in NX1202.9 for Wire EDM operation. Probably some problem occur with convert.

Answer your first question, I created a similar part and can select boundary using wireframe method. But I think that ur part must have some special. It would be nice if u upload it.

20180727091439.png

And, for your second question. Currently no function to help in CAM. But if ur WEDM machine and part support taper machining, you can try:

+++ Set ENV: UGII_CAM_ENABLE_WEDM_TAPER_ANGLE=1 before launch NX.

+++ Create an Open Profile operation.

+++ Goto 2-axis boundary selection dialog, just select the curve on the buttom using curves method and expand "Custom Boundary Data", enable "Taper Angle" block from the pull-down list and input a tilt angle.

20180727095323.png

20180727095517.png

Thanks

Solution Partner Genius

I use this if the wall angle is constant, but unfortunately I can not use it for cutting the wall with a variable bevel. Do not you know if there is a variable for TAPER ANGLE so I can draw the tilt value in the post?
I attach dxf for which I can not select the curve.

Thank you

Siemens Creator

Hi,

Please see below screenshot, it is "MOM_wire_taper_iso".

20180727144646.png

If you do not use taper machining, you can add a UDE "Wire Angle" as well. Its post varibale is "MOM_wire_angles".

20180727145502.png

Thanks,

Learn online

Solution Information