Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX hybrid additive manufacturing

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder

Hi

I try NX hybrid additive manufacturing.

I do not have a license and installation files.

What installation file?

I need any licenses?

4 REPLIES

Re: NX hybrid additive manufacturing

If you are interested, please contact channel enablement or the Product Manager Michael Taesch.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder

Hi

How can I contact Product Manager Michael Taesch?

Genius
Genius

Op, save yourself the trouble. This additive manufacturing thing is a catch. Doesn't work, we've been shown a few demo now and it crap'ed at each try. Not from Siemens, but from a leading/reputable machine tool builder, co name start with D.

Note that unless you have a $500+ worth diamond cutter, the material is simply not machine-able afterward, work harden-like. Worst, if you plan on doing validation (CAE) trust me you are in humble darkness as material physical properties are nothing near to what they should e.g. manufacturing speed affect yield strength of each materials (random stuff!).

Not for engineers. Until, at least, the material physical properties are well documented (more or less 20 years from now) we are looking at this as "hobby-ditive" manufacturing.

Hybrid/Additive is available as part of a DMG machine, so talk to them if you are serious about the machine. If you have questions about the NX CAM part of it, you can PM our Product Manager @MichaelTaesch

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information