cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX10.0.3 How are people finding it?

Genius
Genius

Hello All,

Just wanted to get an idea for how people were getting on with NX10.0.3? we are currently on NX10.0.2 and need to upgrade due to a windows 10 upgrade requirement going forward, so just trying to get a feel for how it is generally going for all that have upgraded good and bad?

Thank you in advance all assistance! 

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2
19 REPLIES

Re: NX10.0.3 How are people finding it?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Currently NX 10.0.3 MP8 seems to be very stable, we are currently testing it, since there have been many issues fixed for us.

In addition it includes an enhancement that better supports mirroring of drilling operations, where only the position is mirrored, but not the tool path ::thumbs up::

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Genius
Genius

Hi @Stefan_Pendl

Many thanks for this info the reason I asked is that we had a few hotfixes due to issues on the patch we have so wanted to get a feel for how people were getting on before starting testing with this patch?

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You should always download the read-me for a release and check if your PR numbers are listed as fixed.

In addition you should check what else is fixed to get a feeling if there is something that you might have an issue with but haven't reported it yet.

It is always good to read the release information before applying a MR and especially a MP in a testing environment Smiley Wink

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Genius
Genius

HI @Stefan_Pendl

Yes you are right that is what we always ask for confirmation that all our fixes are there but I always like to see how others have found as they may pick issues up that we missSmiley Very Happy

Thanks again for the response have a good evening! 

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You can always create a copy of the NX installation folder, so that you can go back easily to your last working NX release after you have updated to a MR or MP.

Here is what I do for updating to a MR or MP:

1. check the CRR file of a MR or the read-me for a MP
  2. update a testing system
  3. check if the base functions are still working or if our current work-flow is broken
  4. install on a key users system to have the release tested in productive use
  5. roll out the release to all people of one department
  6. start over with step 3 for the next department until all departments are migrated

Doing the upgrade step-by-step always prevented the company from being unable to do its business.

I would also only install MPs, if a problem is fixed, that you cannot work around easily.

In addition I always try to avoid customer specific hot fixes, since they are just too hard to keep track of and to deploy to many systems. They just hinder you from migrating to an official release, since they are only build for one MR+MP combination.

Finally updating to a MR is always much saver than to a MP.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Dave -

Again, CAM seems  to be the biggest issue for us.

Make sure you have a "back out" plan in case something is missed in testing and you need to "go back".

On my computer, I have copies of the "as installed" files for various older versions, so I can switch as needed for testing.  Also gives me a starting point if I need to revert to an earlier version (I can just ZIP these files up, rename the current install folder on the destination PC, and un-ZIP the earlier version files on the destination.  Typically quicker than un-install & re-install)

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Innovator
Innovator

As of 10.0.3 mp07 the problem with "Failed to unload path" error which results in verify quitting was still present.  I have been using mp08 and so far have not had the same error.

NX 11.0.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I can confirm that NX 10.0.3 MP8 is very stable in respect to verify 3D in CAM, which was last the case with NX 10.0.3 MP5.

We have still some issues open, where some are already fixed in NX 10.0.3 MP9, so we will end up installing MPs to get things fixed, when I always try to avoid MPs at all.

It would be nice to get a fully functional NX 10.0.4, which has been thoroughly tested by Siemens.

Due to some show-stoppers we haven't been able to start using NX 10 with NX 10.0.2, so we had to wait for NX 10.0.3 and now we are struggling with issues getting resolved by MPs Smiley Frustrated

Genius
Genius

Thank you all for taking the time to respond it is as always greatly appreciated!

@Stefan_Pendl I hope you get your issues resolved, we too had to some show stoppers and had to escalate it with Siemens who came good with a hotfix for our issues, we were initially going to NX9.0.2 but kept getting minor issues which weren't acceptable in day to day use so would wait for a fix and then carry the testing on and then have another! hence why we are on NX10.0.2 MP5 + hotfix

But NX10.0.2 is behaving well for us and we wouldn't be upgrading if it wasn't for windows 10 supported version being NX10.0.3 we would carry on as we are! 

Have a good day!

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information