Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NX11 CSE - two position in one holder with diferent plane

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello experts,

need to know, how to handle special holder with two positions.  I create this holder as a device. First possition is in turn plane (same plane as is base turret position, where is this device mounted), second positions plane is  15 degrees from first one.

There are set CSYS for each position according their planes, but if I load some tool to second position, it is still in the same plane as first one (position seems to be good,but orientation is bad). I seems that both tools are in the same plane as base turret position plane.

Is it possible to silmulate this type of holders in NX11?, Or is there any workaround for this holders?

holder.PNGThanks

Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing
3 REPLIES 3

Re: NX11 CSE - two position in one holder with diferent plane

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi

Yes, it is possible. I have it implemented and it works good.

At the beginning I encountered exactly the same problem which you are describing.

The solution was to double pockets on a turret. In CAM I load this dual-holder to 2 pockets at the same time.

We need to have it in separate pocket, because "Working Angle" is defined inside the pocket. and in case of this kind of holders, we need 2 angles.

So at the end, geometry of the device is loaded 2 times (but in identical position), so it is not a problem during simulation.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
Yes,
I was thinking about this solution, but first I wanted to know if somebody faced the same problem and possible solutions.
I had a little hope there will be better solution :-).
So thanks for sharing this experience, its valueable for me.
Vavrusa Ondrej
NX10.0.3
NX11.0.x testing

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi all,

since NX12.0.2 it is also possible to solve this issue with the new Multi-Tool functionality.

If you have questions regarding the Multi-Tool contact me directly (beckerjuergen@siemens.com)

Thanks Jürgen Becker

Product Manager Turning

Learn online

Solution Information