cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX11 PTP Drilling

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Can the older Point to point drilling be turned on in NX11?

I thought it was going to be off by default, but we would still be able to turn it on.

Thanks, Paul S.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Lane}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP1}

3 REPLIES

Re: NX11 PTP Drilling

Phenom
Phenom

Snímka.JPG

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

As Juraj shows in his post reply, you can edit the .opt file to include the old drill template. Find the .opt file under the mach\resource\template_set directory, then delete the ##  at the beginning of the ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_ENGLISH_DIR}drill.prt and ${UGII_CAM_TEMPLATE_PART_METRIC_DIR}drill.prt lines. This will then expose the template objects for the legacy drill operation types.

Just a warning, the fact that the drill templates are hidden shows that they are legacy now. Hole Making is what will be supported and developed upon going forward so it may beneficial to learn and use those operation types.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks,

Understood. I have done allot of holemaking. using feature finder and all, been reporting bugs along the way that I've bumped into. It is getting better.

But sometimes intead of fighting with the new stuff it is just easier to drop back and use what you know works.

The company I was just hired at went from 8.5 to 11, so I think it would be helpful to the majority of users here to be able to tranition slowly, I know it was a process for me.

Paul S.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Lane}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP1}

Learn online

Solution Information