Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX11 Use Latest Updated Libraries

Hi all,

I am currently migrating to NX11.0.0 .

We are using customized library scripts (e.g. everything referred to by UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_DIR, ...).

In NX11.0.0 I could not find an update folder for these scripts.

In order to not use the tcl scripts of the update folder I have to disable the new customer default, right?

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3
7 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JSchraitle
‎11-30-2016 05:35 AM

Re: NX11 Use Latest Updated Libraries

The update folder will be present with the first MR usually.

If you use your own customization, I would highly recommend to disable the updates in the customer defaults for templates and libraries, but you must also add the updates to your customization on your own.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

There are no updates in a .0 release. These start with 11.0.1. The updates folder is for Siemens MR and MP updates only, not for users. User configuration or customization should be done in your UGII_CAM_RESOURCE_DIR folders.

After 11.0.1, if you see library tcl files in the updates folder that match the ones you customize, then you would need to turn the customer default off, so that your files in resource... are used. Of course, if you see updated files in a MR, you should take a look and see what we updated, and if you need to merge any changes in to your custom versions.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Hi Stefan, Hi Mark,

thanks for your feedback. I have disabled the customer default.

How does NX finde the update folder? Knowing this, I could use this to transition from one version of TCLs to a newer one in my company.

Best wishes,
Joachim

The updates folder is not to be used by customers, it is a Siemens only feature, since files will be changed or deleted without notice by the installation of MRs and MPs.

In addition there is no way to customize it and it is handled internally.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Hello Stefan,

what a pity. Smiley Happy

Best wishes,
Joachim

If a custom script must be updated one would always change the script directly, I see no benefit to do this twice.

JSchraitle wrote:

Hi Stefan, Hi Mark,

thanks for your feedback. I have disabled the customer default.

How does NX finde the update folder? Knowing this, I could use this to transition from one version of TCLs to a newer one in my company.

The system looks UGII_CAM_BASE_DIR for the updates folder, but as said before, this is not for users. You should redirect the resource folders.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information