Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX12.01mp1 - postprocess - can't parse def file

Phenom
Phenom

I just wondered if anyone is having problems posting with NX12 against postprocessors created pre PB12. I get the error when as saved in PB10. Even when opened and saved in PB12 the problem does not go away. I am having a difficult time seeing the problem based on the below information from the log. The post I am working on is pretty complex and rebuilding it will be painful. A post started in PB12 works fine. NX10 has never had a problem with this post.

*** IKS has been initialized ***
&MACRO CANCEL -30 4981 ! Cancel Callback
&MACRO CUSTOM 25 ONT * TL_MENU_COMMAND * (1) * 0 * 500 ! NC_PROGRAM
&MACRO ASK_ITEM  1 (1 LIST 0) = "MAZAK Integrex"  !  
&MACRO ASK_ITEM  1 (1 LIST 0) = 0  !  
PARSE ERROR: <parse error>. File C:\Siemens\NX12\MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines\integrex\postprocessor\integrex.def, In or Near Line Number 779, Line .
*** EXCEPTION: Error code  1740002 in line 330 of F:\workdir\reference\NX1201_7\src\cams\no\ind\mom_post_definitions.c at Sat Jun 23 10:24:37 2018 Eastern Daylight Time
+++ PARSE ERROR: <parse error>. File C:\Siemens\NX12\MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines\integrex\postprocessor\integrex.def, In or Near Line Number 779, Line .
[ 1] 7FFEED6C43C7                                                              (libsyss) 
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro
7 REPLIES

Re: NX12.01mp1 - postprocess - can't parse def file

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Ok, and what about line 779 in your def file?

Phenom
Phenom
There is nothing around that line number that seems out of the ordinary. In fact - I moved some things around (text edit) and it still has the same line number in the error. That line is in the block templates about 1/2 way down. I haven't looked for an odd ascii character yet. It does not seem to be a format issue. Curly braces seem to match up.
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Phenom
Phenom
Nevermind. It seems that the include line to an extra cdl path (top of file) is not working the same (and fails parsing the def.)
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Phenom
Phenom
This ended up being a problem in NX12 with parsing the cdl (not the def) that NX10 didn't have a problem with. The last line had a comment (started with "#") and had no carriage return line feed.
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Legend
Legend
Hello

As Study mentioned you Need a carriage return in the last line

Regards

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

The TCL version was chnaged in NX12 and is causing some issues. This might be related to that. I have posts that I cannot open in NX12 that open fine in lower versions. If you absolutly need to edit the post in NX12, the only way I have figured out how to do that, is create a new post, then use the Browse for the existing post as Controller. This will import every thing from the existing post, I would also do a file save as postname_NX12.

ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 25 07.01.gif

Phenom
Phenom
This was a hand edited cdl - I can understand not handling a format - but having it change from version to version will be tough to find with error descriptions like this. One thing that (in PB12) I have noticed (but not reported as PC now is the system) is that the "Axis Limit Violation Handling" in "Rotary Axis Configuration" set as "User Defined" when you click to set it up - goes into an endless loop (Application Error - can't read "event_rest_data(2)") where you end up having to kill PB. More and more - resources may not be focused on the PB application that once were. I assume that eventually as PC use takes off - PB created posts will have to be supported in TCL until switched over. This is particularly true with all of the TCL version changes (like you mention.)
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information