cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX7.5 defined Custom UDE is not getting displayed in NX9 as it appears in NX7.5

Experimenter
Experimenter

A postprocessor defined in NX7.5 with some of the custom UDEs, recently we have upgraded to NX9 now I am not getting desired result for specific UDE. Getting default display for that UDE.

Please refer image attached.

2 REPLIES

Re: NX7.5 defined Custom UDE is not getting displayed in NX9 as it appears in NX7.5

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you change system UDEs, you must always apply those changes when migrating to a new release.

In general, I would not change the system UDEs, but create my one ones, which is much more update safe.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Re: NX7.5 defined Custom UDE is not getting displayed in NX9 as it appears in NX7.5

You need to update the ude file for NX. You could be using the one defined in your configuration (usually resource\user_def_event\ude.cdl) or it could be one attached to the ISV machine.

I agree with @Stefan_Pendl if you modify the out of the box files, you have a maintenance chore with every upgrade. I would create a separate cdl file, and include in fron ude.cdl. Take a look at how we handle the Siemens UDEs.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information