Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9.0 Shop Documentation Customisation

Creator
Creator

Hi All,

Ok, so I have pretty much got everything I need from the various shop documentation videos and posts online, the only thing I am struggling with is as below:

- Inserting my company logo instead of the Siemens one, I have tried gif and png and have even tried adding to the filelist.xml. None of these seem to work as when document is generated it just says image not available.

- Adding images in general that link to the manufacturing. I have the standard image as per attached and the path images but was wondering if an additional top view can be added maybe from the model views?

Any help very much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

6 REPLIES

Re: NX9.0 Shop Documentation Customisation

Creator
Creator

bump!!!

Ok, I know this is pretty old hat and we are hoping to be on at least NX10 very soon and can use work instructions instead but has anyone by any chance been succesful in adding new/different images to shop documentation in the past?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi,

Probably you can follow the manufacturing tutorials to customize shop documentation.

It locate at Menu -> Help.. -> Manufacturing Tutorials -> The last one tutorial steps named 'Output' 

20180705170338.png20180705170358.png

Creator
Creator

Hi Li,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I have been through that tutorial originally and it was very helpful.

It states: "Graphic images such as company logo may be pasted anywhere", however after trying this in various formats it still does not post the image to the html. file.

It has to be something simple but I just cannot fathom why it shows as 'image not available' after posting.

Regards

Matt

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you editing the xlsx file in C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX XX.0\MACH\resource\shop_doc\excel_templates?

NX 12.0.1

Creator
Creator

I have a new folder created on the desktop that I use for my template. As per the below tutorial:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tech-Tips-Knowledge-Base-NX-Manufacturing/NX-9-Shop-...

The editing and customisation of everything else is fine, no problems at all. It was just the logo image and the possibility of adding different views as well as the standard isometric view.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Matt

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Changing the image in place of the Siemens logo should be a breeze but I have not tried adding other images.  I just checked my backup files to what image file types I used and I have copies of png and jpg; not sure which I used.  Since you tried gif and png, I would try jpg.

In your shop doc folder do you have the folder which contains all the image files and a  filelist.xml file?

Just curious, what version of Xcel are you using?  Older versions have issues with shopdocs and I know there is a minimum required version but I do not recall what it is.  I looked through the tutorial but I did not see any mention of the minimum Office version.  When shopdocs were first introduced, I edited my files with an ancient Office version and shopdocs did not work because of it although it sounds like yours are working sans your logo image.

NX 12.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information