Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX9 Post Processor is possible to add g70 71 76 cycle?

NX9 Post Processor is possible to add g70 71 76... cycle? If it can, How it works?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES

Re: NX9 Post Processor is possible to add g70 71 76 cycle?

G76 is already set in canned cycles.

As these tend to vary between manufacturers...

Are these the turning rough/?/threading cycles?

I know NX (9?, maybe 8.5) supports the Siemens control's OD roughing cycle for turning.

At some point (when I get a few spare femtoseconds of free time) I was hoping to play with that to see if enough data exists to output Fanuc/Okuma roughing cycles.  At this point I just don't know.

G76/G9[2/6] can be supported. but you have to suppress a LOT of output (normal G3x threading outputs 4 lines per pass).  Search UGanswer for some example code, but you'll probably have to update it.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

As my understanding We output G code before, We need use Nx and Nx post to make Nc file out. If we have no Nx post processor to support. Nx can not work G71,,etc,,,cycle out. So my issue is Where I can change in post processor?

The problem is that there are many cycles, so what kind of cycles are you talking about (drilling, turning, pocket, etc.)?

Each kind of these cycles have their own place in post builder where they are defined.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I would like to add Turning cycle to post processor, Like G70, G71, G72, G76!
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author tedarencn
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

In the past it has been a case of total customization of your post.

The way I've accomplished this is to create custom UDE's to switch on the cycles.  The UDE's contain the parameters; rough feed rate, DOC, etc.  The operation would use the finish turn template and an Approach Marker to trigger the G71 cycle.  The post is written to handle the UDE.  Typically, the sequence numbers are not output except on the P and Q blocks so the post can easily "predict" the Q value (P+1).  The P and Q values are stored for the next G70 to use.  So it's not pretty but it does the trick.  Definitely not OOTB.  I must say though that I haven't looked for this functionality in NX since long ago when machine memory was not so big.  Maybe they have something now...

Good luck

George

George R. Bennett
GRB Consulting
W7 Ult
Various NX versions from 6 to 9
Dell Precision M6700

Learn online

Solution Information