cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9 SHOP DOC HELP

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am having trouble with my operations being out of order when I use shop doc files

4 REPLIES

Re: NX9 SHOP DOC HELP

What Shop Doc template are you selecting?

That determines in what view the operations or tools are cycled.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

I created my own shop doc template. Why would it not ouptput them in the order they appear? They are being output the same every time, but the order they are being output seems totally random.

gsmoth1978 wrote:

I created my own shop doc template. Why would it not ouptput them in the order they appear? They are being output the same every time, but the order they are being output seems totally random.

In your .tpl file, what does the MOM_cycle_objects command look like?

For example, this will list objects based on the order they appear in the view you select in:

[MOM_cycle_objects
    {SETUP INST='PART_GIF'
        {SELECTED_VIEW
            {MEMBERS
                {OPER
                    {TOOL
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
]

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

I had the same problem when I used sub-programs. All its operations would always appear at the end even if the sub-program was placed after 1st operation.

Solved it by removing the {OPER} section and using only {TOOL}.

**This in fact solved another issue when PATH_GIF generation were duplicated (2 to a lot of times...!), with {TOOL} only I get only 1 instance of screen shots...but my calculation for total machining time doesn't work anymore. I still have to figure this out but it may not affect the info you wish to use!**

Learn online

Solution Information