Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXCAM on 2 in 1 laptop-tablet

Innovator
Innovator

Hi All,

What do you folks use to run  solid edge and NXCAM while traveling? When on the road, its difficult to carry the main machine with me. Even from home, I don't want to have a comptuer that sounds like a jet with afterburners on sitting on the desk! In meetings with customers and collaborators it is often very useful to use a pen to sketch ideas and show them on an attached projector. Carrying a heavy laptop around is not an option. Till now, against the recommendations from SiemensPLM, at work, I've had much success with a fully strung out gaming laptop and have had zero problems. Even the noisy desktop is a fast machine without the QUADRO type of card.  I used to use convertible laptops earlier, mostly for business work and not for CAD, but for the past 8 or so years I've stopped using them.

So, does anyone use those convertible tablet/laptops like the MSSurface book or the lenovo c930's for getting work done on the road? If so I'd love to hear of any recomendations, caveats? Like which processor, disk size, screen size etc? Something that can run NXCAM comfortably? I'm not looking for something that'll beat the heaftier machines, but something that will not stop me from working. I'll like to use it as my main laptop out of the office and as a backup when I'm at work.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Naresh
2 REPLIES 2

Re: NXCAM on 2 in 1 laptop-tablet

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It's been a while since I last tried, but the Surface Pro did a decent job running NX CAD and CAM.

Don't no the exact specifications anymore, but I guess the 5th Gen Surface Pro i7/ 1TB SSD/ 16GB RAM will do just fine.

Lead Product Manager - Mold & Die

Re: NXCAM on 2 in 1 laptop-tablet

Innovator
Innovator

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the tip. 

Let me think about this one!

Best regards,
Naresh

Learn online

Solution Information