Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need help determining what program group a UDE belongs to.

I would like to add a UDE in a program group in the beginning group (1234) or in the next group (rough flange) . I need to know which group the UDE is triggered or part of. The issue is that if I either put the UDE in group 1234 or rough flange, I get that the UDE is in rough flange no matter what.

I am trying to use mom_group_name either in the header or in a custom command in the UDE event in Machine Control. I haven't had any luck. Is there anyway I can find out which program group the UDE belongs too?

Using NX 8.0.3.4
5 REPLIES

Re: Need help determining what program group a UDE belongs to.

UDEs of program groups are always inherited by the program groups below it.

You could keep track of the group it first was issued only if you always post group 1234, if you post a member group, you can't get the originating group.

To be able to post the member groups and get the first occurrence of the UDE, you would have to create a DLL to check where it comes from.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I agree with Stefan. I have tried to know details of where udes reside before - and have not had much luck - and decided the same thing - (need for a dll with api code to get it.)

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

In the UDE handler code, try adding my "Moog_Show_Globals" proc.

Then post the "Rough..." group.

See if the "1234" string shows up somewhere

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Ken, 1234 does not show up, but it seems like if the UDE is in 1234 the parameters are still inherited by the groups below.

It does seem like I would have to create an application to find out this information. I was hoping to avoid this. Is there anyway post builder can run a vb application for NX? I  can only to vb files since I don't have an NX author license.  If not I can probably attach it to the menuscript.

Using NX 8.0.3.4

[ Edited ]

You could do it another way...

post using a journal.

- Select object to post

- run journal. 

- Journal has dialog to select post, so select & post

Journal knows what you selected.  If you are changing filename based on object selected, during post call set output filename appropriately.  If you need it INSIDE the posted file, try setting an (Windows) ENV variable in the journal before calling the post - it *should* be available in the "env()" array in the post.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information