cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed: VB.net Journal to rename Program Groups and operations in NX CAM

I’m looking for a VB.net Journal that will rename the Program Groups and the associated operations in NX CAM.

Specifically, I need it to rename the Program Group using characters from the filename, which will always be in the same format. Ex. 15010_D-001_00-0_OP4.prt Then append sequential prefix numbers to each assigned operation starting with 01_ thru 99_ If there are more than 99 operations (not likely) leave the remaining unchanged.

For a visual, in Pic-1 you see a default Program group name of 1234 and 15 operations. These are in the file 15010_D-001_00-0_OP4.prt. Pic-2 then shows the desired renaming format of the Group and its operations. And Pic-3 shows the Group name format when there are more than one operation.

So, I envision the user fire off the journal, it would then prompt for user to select the Program group to be renamed. Once selected, the journal would prompt for a letter to be input which is assigned to position 12 in the Group name [A in the example Pic-2] (If possible, the letter input prompt would only display on the first Group. If there are more groups to follow, they would be assigned the next sequential letter referenced from the group just above) The journal would then, using the first 12 characters from the filename 15010_D-001_ (which then drops the hyphen 15010_D001_), the acquired letter from user input or the next letter based on the previous group listed and the last four characters of the filename _OP4, rename the Program group [15010_D001_A_OP4} and append the sequential prefixes to the operations 01_ . . .02_. .. etc.. 

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Jim Cunningham EPW, llc

4 REPLIES

Re: Needed: VB.net Journal to rename Program Groups and operations in NX CAM

I would have the user select the program group, then run the journal.

Have you looked at the sample that renames operations? This should give you a decent starting point. Just select several operations and jun the journal:

...UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\CAM\RenameOperationsOntSelection.vb

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

If this thread discussion is of interest to you, concider following the discussion over in the NX Customization and Programming forum under the thead of the same Subject name. Please post your related comments over there as well. Once a solution is developed, I'll update this thread of it.

Thank You,

JimC

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

See my reply in the customization and programming forum for a possible solution.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information