Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New NX, which updates have new template prt files?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

NX continuous release primarily means that we are now releasing new functionality more frequently (~ 6 month cycle).  In between we have the release updates which you can compare to the former MPs. They (for now) do not have new functionality. MRs are gone (meaning we do not submit into the \update folder anymore).

Each continuous release (1847, 1872, 1899, etc.) is a full release with full download, the same applies to the ones in between.

So whatever you did in the past to account for changes is also true now. I.e. make a backup copy of your \mach\resource.. and use WinDiff or other tools for a binary comparison. New operations, tools, etc. are mentioned in the release notes and the What's New documentation.

Together with NX, we in CAM are working on a continuous release dashboard that allows you to find template differences between ootb NX versions. I.e. indicate added/removed objects like operations and tools, changed dialogs and changed parameters. In parallel we are also working on tools that allow comparison of CAM templates and CAM objects to make upgrades easier and more transparent.

Most importantly, in one of the next major release it is planned to separate any user customization from our ootb CAM content, meaning we will provide guidelines and infrastructure on how to create and store custom content.

Re: New NX, which updates have new template prt files?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@oliversing wrote:

Most importantly, in one of the next major release it is planned to separate any user customization from our ootb CAM content, meaning we will provide guidelines and infrastructure on how to create and store custom content.

Will this be covered (to some level) at RealizeLive 2019 in Detroit?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information