Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zlevel profile helix NX12

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello everybody,

I have found a youtube video: https://youtu.be/QnmiTxhLPDY where there is a new operation, zlevel profile helix. I can't found it in my installation.

Do you know where the command is?

Regards

Frank.

6 REPLIES

Re: New Zlevel profile helix NX12

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @Frank ,

I am using NX12.0 MP1 and up to the present there is no ''zlevel profile helix'' operation. With NX12 new operations are ''Tube Milling'' (which is in mill_multi_axis operation group) and ''Adaptive Milling'' (which is in mill_contour operation group). 

So, the man who is in video most likely has copied and pasted the Zlevel Profile operation from the default template operation group which i have mentioned in the video attached.

After you made changes in the default template operation group (mill_contour.prt) , you must right click the operation ''Object - Template Settings'' and activate ''Create if Parent is created'' which i have mentioned in the video.

Hope it helps and i'd love to hear if there is any other way to do that so.

Best regards.

Thanks for your time, but I thought there was a new option in Zlevel, I didn't realize that the guy showed a trick in the video.

Regards

Frank.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello Frank,

like ahmetunkur said, this is just a customized template, which you can already.

I had a look at the video. It is a classic "trick" that this user used to create a helical type cut motion.

Simply do the following settings in a Z-Level-Profile operation to achieve what you saw in the video:

Cutting Parameters --> Connections --> Set Level to Level to Ramp on Part --> Set a small Ramp Angle (1-3 would be my advice, depending on what you want to achieve)

2018-01-16 11_24_32-NX 12 CAM_nx1202 Build CAM_nx1202.74 - Manufacturing.png

In this picture you can see the settings been made. 

You can easily create a template on your own.

I have some good news. We are currently in the development process for a new Helical Cut Pattern, which will be available in the Surface Contour - Area Mill Steep. We target this for one of the next releases, but there is no exact date yet. 

It would be interesting to hear from you, on which use cases you would like to use this functionality.

Cheers,

Alexander

Thank You Alexander, I use two strategies to acomplish the helix result:

1.- Create a helix curve surrounding the piece and do a curve-point operation where the projection vector is "toward line" pointing to the axis of the helix.

2.- Create a cylinder bigger than the piece (in fact I only need the top and bottom circles) and do a streamline operation, the projection vector same as 1, pointing to the cylinder axis, and choose as cut pattern helical or spiral option.

Regards

Frank.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

In NX 11 they introduced a ramp by depth in Floor_Wall operation that will give you a constant Ramping cutting motion. There is an option to select Ramp by depth or Ramp by Angle.

Mike

NX 11.0.2.7
Win 7

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

I watched the video.I do not know but is there a macro program embeded to NX.Or there is an option like this.

Model has not draft faces. This is simple but more complicated faces zlevelhelix option must be. I am waiting from nx more operations.

helix.JPG

Learn online

Solution Information