cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cutting edge ways for operator I.D. stamping??

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

We are currently trying to find new ways for our machine operators to stamp parts for training and accountability purposes.  We currently have used the air powered stamp gun with the typical I.D. punch.  We also can use the CNC for scribing but on some jobs it will effect cycle time and that effects financials.  We have tried a small ink stamp but that simply will not work per most of our processes. So all in all community any other unique and efficient ways to stamp parts suggestion's are much appreciated thanks in advance  

4 REPLIES

Re: New cutting edge ways for operator I.D. stamping??

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Laser?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yeah I was looking at lasers too.  Do you have a brand or company to suggest/recomend, is that more efficient than a scribe technique do you know? Thanks for the input  

Experimenter
Experimenter

Do you know if there is a laser that can go in a tool changer inside CNC, or is the laser an offline operation, I guess what Im looking for something inside the machine. 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The only reason I know we use them is that I have to maintain a standard note about laser marking.  I'm pretty sure it is not in the machine, but that's about all I know.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information