Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New work instruction features -- THANK YOU Developers

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Sorry for the previous confusion, but yes a new license is required to use the Work Instruction Authoring product. This product supplies significantly new functionality above and beyond Shopdocs and is not simply a new version of Shopdocs, but an entirely new product. As such, we are very interested in hearing any and all feedback you may have on the functionality of the product and how we can increase the value that it brings to your company.

Legend
Legend

The Shop Docs are worthless....

A PLM program where you have to pay extra to have any sort of good documentation? Pretty terrible IMHO.

With all the other software situations out there right now.... NX is one of the highest for yearly maintenance and then when new features are released we are required to shell out more money for this enhancement?

Dennis Rathi
Creations Unlimited

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It would be such a shame if what looks to be such a nice feature does not get used because of $. Will this end up like the tool tilt kerfuffle?

Highlighted

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@sciggy87 wrote:

Sorry for the previous confusion, but yes a new license is required to use the Work Instruction Authoring product. This product supplies significantly new functionality above and beyond Shopdocs and is not simply a new version of Shopdocs, but an entirely new product. As such, we are very interested in hearing any and all feedback you may have on the functionality of the product and how we can increase the value that it brings to your company.

@sciggy87 Hi Steve, why couldnt this be included within existing Mach bundles? Yes it brings new functionality but so do other additions to NX and yet they are included into existing bundles, what makes this so special, particularly when shops docs as mentioned by others are not that useful and have not kept up with that of other packages.

Legend
Legend

I should change thread title.... "THanks for nothing"

Dennis Rathi
Creations Unlimited

Phenom
Phenom

Yep!

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
There are a lot of new things added the last few years that require additional licenses. Because NX is already a very expensive package that is under pressure at our company, I don't have to come up with increasing costs for maintenance. It's sad to see nice but unavailable improvements.
Patrick Delisse
KMWE - Aero Engine
NX 12.0, TC 11.2, CAMPOST V22, Vericut 8.2, TDM 4.8
C#, VB, .NET

Legend
Legend

A month later... are customers buying this option?

I've probably converted 4-5 job shops with my reviews of NX online and in person and then new awesome features come out that make the package even better and we are asked for even more $$$$.

Dennis Rathi
Creations Unlimited

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Anyone using this yet? I have a trial coming up, but already the cost is being baulked at so I am not sure I should even bother.

Experimenter
Experimenter

What is the list price ???

Learn online

Solution Information