Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of machine axis and number of postprocesors

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi there,

I would like to ask you guys how to correctly count number of CNC axis on machine like Muratec MW120? And how many postprocessors is needed to get all functionality?

Info about Muratec MW120:

http://www.ge-co.hu/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/murata-ms-50-cnc-fronteszterga-adagol%C3%B3val-munkad...

Best regards,

Andrew

5 REPLIES

Re: Number of machine axis and number of postprocesors

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Assuming both turning & milling...

I would use 2 posts (one for turning & one for milling), although they could be combined.

You could split the mill post into separate ones for "axial" vs. "radial" tools, if you want.

Using geometry view objects to do changes (kinematics or G/M codes) for left/right spindles

Use method view objects to switch between turning, "axial" live tools (milling/drilling), and "radial" live tools.

If you have just 2 posts, you don't HAVE to use the "Head" UDE to switch (you can use "proc PB_machine_mode" - create a simple XZC mill post & set the "simple mill-turn" option, then look at the resulting tcl file)

It all depends on how comfortable you are putzing with kinematics, G & M code, etc. in the "start of path" event

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Andrew,

if i count correctly you have 4 NC axis, 2 spindles, and 2 more axis for positioning of the Turret. I not knowing this machine type in detail but for me it seems more like a 2 channel/ double spindle turning machine. Not sure if both channels can be programmed separately for this machine/ control.

I agree with Ken to use two postprocessors with Postbuilder.

But i want to mentioned that we introduced a Multichain feature with Post Configurator since NX11.0.2 where you can define the chains inside ONE post and the magic of switching between the chains is easy to handle, e.g. dependent on the channel,machine mode, mcs or the tool carrier (this match for the MW120).

Best regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas and Ken,

thank you for your quick ansfer. In the final I get information, that customer want to use this machine only for turning operations so I can make just 2 axis lathe and copy that for second spindle. Am I right?

Andrew

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If they are using it for turning only, then you only need 1 post.

Use geometry group objects (e.g. 2 different MCS/workpiece/turning workpiece).

Depending on how fancy you want to get, you can name them *_LEFT and *_RIGHT  (e.g. (MCS_LEFT, WORKPIECE_RIGHT) then use the geometry parent to reset M/G codes, etc. for left/right spindles.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Highlighted

Thank you for your help.

Learn online

Solution Information