Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Nx Cam simultâneos transitions

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Juraj wrote:

@Stefan_Pendlyou are right, it is working. But you know it takes time to make this paths. Read last point from one operation, first point from next operation, doing safe moves manually. It takes  ore time than programming of machining. Automatic will be better I think.

How should automatic work?

If the machine is loaded, then it is possible, if it is not loaded, then it is impossible.

What if you create the tool path for a group of machines with different kinematics?

Machine simulation is the only reliable way to reproduce the physical world. These transitions are only useful for multi axis machining when changing the work plane between operations and that can already be covered by the post-processor.

A three axis machine doesn't need this kind of transitions.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@FROBI

It is possible. That is why this feature shoud be an optional.

When you realise that this interoper path will be generated in clearence plane and you count with

the clearance geometry there should be no bigger problem I think.

You always have to have on your mind where is workpiece in machine space because of paths.

To be honest I dont need ni simulation model.

So we will see possibilities of this feature in future.

Within holemaking operation is something simillar and automatic between features

and I see no problems:

Snímka.JPG

And if your nc code is working it is pretty good thing Smiley Happy

(I m not talking about "M140" between every feature like in OOTB posts)

It is better than creating multiple operations on every direction.

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Gears Phenom

@Stefan_Pendl

paths generated without machine simulation model are not working?

they are working and they are not based on kinematic model.

Snímka.JPG

I can machine this on hermle, dmg dmu, dublock ...without any problem,

customers do it as well ...so?

What will be different if this path will be between operations instead of features?

I think nothing.

Ofcourse I  am talking about multiaxis machning, for example floor wall from reachable 5 sides.

Anyway I use once generci motion for this, working, but tidious.

If something like this transions will b available in NX I will be satisfied. But we will see what has development for us.

Legend
Legend

@Juraj wrote:
You always have to have on your mind where is workpiece in machine space because of paths.

To be honest I dont need ni simulation model. So we will see possibilities of this feature in future.

Within holemaking operation is something simillar and automatic between features and I see no problems

The more complex the part, the more you have to keep in mind. Even in holemaking operations you may have problem when change axis orientation. For example, the worker can place the workpiece to another position on rotary table, so that it requires another clearance plane...

One more example: when the part is large enough taking the most of machine's workspace. In this situation I don't think you would have enough "mind" without simulation.

Third example: you may have nice picture of transitions in NX, but your good retracts to clearance may be outside soft limits of the real machine.

Gears Phenom

I know what you mean, but worker can place workpiece anywhere and It could be out off machine limits wether you have 5ax transitions or not.

If you have simualtion it is better and even better if worker sees where workpiece needs to be placed.

I think there will be some option that gives you this transitions and you can simulate it if you want. I dont see so big problem about this. It is up to programmer.

How about creating an ER to get an avoidance geometry group object similar to the one available for turning?

Would it be enough to have one place to inherit the from and go-home points from or is there more needed?

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4

Gears Phenom

good idea, I though about it too but:

from and gohome paths are not collision checked in milling - you just get the error message,

start point and return point path are not generated when there is a collision,

- but  this is not so bad

this moves are only 2 lines before and after machining - if will be possible to get tool by these moves from one side to the other side, it would be enough.

(that is why will be better paths along clearence geometry, avoidance point are manual and only 2pieces)

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Kinematics based interoperation path is currently in development and should become available in the near future. There must be a kinematics chain defined in order to use it.

Gears Phenom

@oliversing

maybe it is silly question from me, but what exactly you mean by defining the kinematic chain ?

where it is in CAM setup and how can I set it?

thank you

j

Currently this is only possible in the machine tool builder application, so I expect that there will be some changes in the way this is created, when the feature is available.DefineKinematicChain.PNG

Learn online

Solution Information