cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset pivot length for head 4 axis CNC machine

Pioneer
Pioneer

offset-khi-gia-cong-nhieu-truc.jpg

I need all you help build PostProcessor for head 4 axis CNC machine. Because now i am creating operation for head 4 axis cnc machine but no offset RTCP as image, import in machine run wrong.

I created Post processor but don't know offset pivot distance and gage length

Thanks so much!

7 REPLIES

Re: Offset pivot length for head 4 axis CNC machine

Genius
Genius
Hi, 'Offset pivot distance' should be mentioned in machine manual (service or commission) by the machine manufacturer. See attached image where you can input this value. Try with +ve value and if that does not work, put -ve value. As far as gage length/tool length is concerned, machine would take care of this when you have tool lenght compansation code in your NC code and tool dia, length values are in machine tool table.
BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Pioneer
Pioneer
First, thank you very much!
Lets ask for more, If cnc machine not input length value of tool in machine tool table (in NC program not use G43 H), how will to offset gage length/tool.
Sorry you, English of me is poor should you sympathize.
Thanks so much!

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Your machine does not support G43 Hxx or the Post does not output it?

A somewhat dangerous option in my opinion, is using the ZOFF Value on the tool ofset dialog.  I don't recommend this because if someone is not aware of the offfset they will not understand why to Z values are all off.  Also this will require the tools to be set EXACTLY to the correct length at the machine.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0.3
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.2.7

Genius
Genius
If you are not using machine tool table for tool lenght and your NC code does not have 'G43 Hxx' command, then you MUST set Z offset value (the Z value in G54, G55 etc...) for each tool, every time when you change. This is not recommended and could be dangerous. In my opinion even the very old CNC machines have tool tables and you could have 'G43 Hxx' output in your NC code.
BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Phenom
Phenom

If you asking about how to program the position of the head rotary pivot centerline when you know the tool length (exact not theoretical) and you know the pivot length (exact) then there is probably a way with the "old" kinematic variables to do this. This is so rare these days that I am guessing that there may not be a way to set kinematic variables for NX to do it for you. At any rate - there is always the option of taking the mom_mcs_goto positions and doing math to set mom_pos positions in PB_CMD_before_motion in Postbuilder (replacing what NX does for you.)

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks all for you!

I have found the cause and how to offset pivot distance in Post Processor by post builder. I has run out right as desired product.

But has a Achilles every time tool change, then input value pivot distance in post processor. I am finding method to more Optimal.

Moved:

Learn online

Solution Information