Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Teaching 2STEPPOCKET

Builder
Builder

Hello, 

i teached an operation to a feature teached 2-Step-Pocket with an edge at the 2nd step. 

so i have a drilling operation and a cativy-milling operation in which i defined my milling surfaces (edge and wall).  The problem is when i try to create a feature process the milling operation selects the whole feature, not 

the defined 2 surfaces (edge and wall). When I Teach the operation only the 2 surfaces are selected.  

Is there any solution for this problem? 

Thank you

NX 11.0.1.11
13 REPLIES

Re: Operation Teaching 2STEPPOCKET

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

From your description I understand the following:

- You taught your own feature type.

- You have operations machining your recognized feature.

- You taught the operations to FBM (Did you use Teach Operation Sets?)

- You applied your FBM rules and now the cavity milling uses all feature's faces instead of only some.

In order to control more precisely the geometry to be machined by the cavity milling operation, you must augment the recognized feature. You can assign Machining Area's by adding PMI notes and then teach again.

The Cavity Milling operation must then be augmented with a Geometry Parent add-on which assigns the Machining Area's.

This is the procedure in a nut shell. If you need more precise help, you must attached the teach part.

Reinier Capelle

NX CAM Development

NX CAM Machinery and Automation

Builder
Builder

HI,

thank you for reply. I have set my PMI's, then i teached my feature and set operation to the feature, with a drill and milling operation. Then I tried to test my Operation and created a feature operation.

In the pictures you can see how I set the PMI's and wich milling area the created feature opertion choosed.

Thank you

NX 11.0.1.11

Builder
Builder

I did not use operation set teaching, just marked all the Operation and (Object--> Teach operation)

When I group the feature and add operations, there is no create operatin set field. I'm using

NX 10.0.3.5 MP7

NX 11.0.1.11

Siemens Legend

From the pictures this looks like a standard STEP2POCKET.

Was it not recognized by standard NX? You should teach a new recognition rule only when necessary...

Anyway, if you need to teach your own variant of, for instance, a STEP2POCKET, this is best practise:

- preferably teach your own recognition rule for the existing STEP2POCKET

- if you do want your own feature type, derive it directly from STEP2POCKET so you inherit all standard parameters

- if you teach a new recognition rule, you must add PMI notes to label the Machining Area's. You need Machining Area's for your cavity milling operation, but also for your drilling operation. See the docs:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help#uid:xid1128418:index_mfgholemaking:id1456...

- after you have taught the cavity mill operation, you must use MKE to add the rule Add-on of type GeometryParent. You must assign the correct machining area to the GeometryParent. This is not done by the Teach Operations (old) and also not yet by Teach Operation Sets (new).

Reinier Capelle

NX CAM Development

Builder
Builder

The MKE knows STEP2POCKET, but for first I would like to teach my own feature which is not so complicated.

So in the MKE I can define or change the cut area geometry right ? with which oper. do I can do this ?

NX 11.0.1.11

Siemens Legend

See attached picture for an example.

Reinier Capelle

NX CAM Development

Builder
Builder

Thank you,

this is very Helpful. Is there a Document where such things are explaned.

NX 11.0.1.11

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The MKE help file accessible from within the MKE help menu is a good tutorial to start with.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Builder
Builder

Unfortunatly I got a new problem with my operations. 

I teached my new Feature which is in a new library and grouped my feature, then i 

Now I would like to make a simple drilling with the hole making Operation, but there 

is an altert about the feature geometry. 

I teached the feature in the NX library and it works better, but what do I have to do if 

i want to make it work in my own library ? 

Thanks 

NX 11.0.1.11

Learn online

Solution Information