Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation for a deburring brush

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all, 

Im hoping somebody can help to point me in the right direction. 

I need to create an operation to use a deburring brush tool like the ones found here: http://www.deburringtechnologies.com/products/CrossholeBrush.html

Essentially the operation needs to work as follows:

- I need the tool to feed to the bottom of (or slightly through) a through hole with the spindle speed at 0.

- Holding this position, the spindle then needs to spin up to 10,000 for a few seconds. 

- Ideally the spindle then needs to return to 0 before retracting back out of the hole. 

My first thoughts are to use some kind of drilling operation with a dwell. My only issue is that the spindle speed needs to be at 0 whilst passing in and out of the hole on the engage and retract. 

Anybody done anything similar?

Thanks,

Adam 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Operation for a deburring brush

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Adam,

I guess you need a DEEP_HOLE_DRILLING operation. In this case the tool can enter the hole to defined depth with 0 RPM or like the attached sample 50 RPM CCW, then speeds up to a desired cutting RPM CW, moves to the final depth, then dwell, stops the spindle and retracts out with 0 RPM.

I hope the attached images can help for settings and post processor output since I do not have the English version.

Kind regards,

Majid

Majid

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

It sounds like good use case for GENERIC MOTION operation. Once defined operation with sequence of sub-operations can be stored as a template and easily reused after that.

Other simple solution might be custom drilling cycle, but you would have to define it in postprocessor.

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Legend
Legend

Generic Motion is the way to go.

Used it a few times for back counter boring tools that go thru a hole and flip open. They require a few speed changes, dwells and spindle reversals.

You won't be disappointed.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.2, MP4}

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The easy way is to do this with Generic Motion like Marek says, but you can also create custom cycles in postbuilder for hole making operations. See that attached zip file for an example.

( The custom cycle can also be sourced so you don't have to put it every post. )

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

(just to know, currently there is a little problem in GMC (vector issue) but should be fixed in NX1847)

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Phenom
Phenom
Is there a description of the generic motion problem available somewhere? I wonder when it started and what the detail is.
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro
ITC Inc.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

You can do this with Generic Motion or the Legacy Point-to-Point operation. 

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace

NX 11.0.2.7 Vericut 8.0.3 - Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks all for the replies! I achieved what I wanted using generic motion control. 

The only problem is that the users that will require this operation do not have multi axis licenses. 

I will try to work out how to use the point to point legacy operation to achieve the same. 

Thanks again!

Legend
Legend

Even though it is under multiaxis I think it still works for 2.5x license.

Been a few years since I've had that MACH bundle so I can't confirm.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.2, MP4}

Learn online

Solution Information